X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    ... No where did it ever say anything about a save function....
    The so-called "road map" may not have said anything, but in this post I included, verbatim, what was posted by a developer in response to questions about saving.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by jokel317 View Post
      I am confused what is considered the best train simulator for North America? Thanks.
      Open Rails, without a shadow of doubt, if you want more than California, Arizona and Florida.

A vast array of routes, locomotives (including steam and electric), rolling stock, railroad companies.....all available and much is free-of-charge.
      IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Comment

Now I might be barking up the wrong tree here and will retract if proved incorrect, but the devs also seem to be deleting some bug reports.

I reported a fairly significant sound issue (audible speech in the background while running the EU07 with the cab window open). Not only did my post not appear after mod approval, it now seems to have vanished altogether.
        Vern.

Comment

Well, well my bug report has now appeared!
          Vern.

Comment

Open Rails is 100% the best train game for any region Bruce. Only the dated graphics let it down. Which nobody can quibble about, because it is FREE. Even a save game function, well i never.

Vern, go steady now buddy. You do know that side effects of covid, is paranoia

I also meant to ask you, a few days back how you are feeling now ?

Mike.
            Yma O Hyd

Comment

Open Rails can't do what Run8 can as far as simulating train physics, and railroad operations. The save system and MP is the best. Certainly more content available including the ability to edit and build new routes.

Thanks

Sean
              Discord https://discord.gg/zfxTBbnu3K
              YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS
              sigpic

Comment

Pretty much okay now Mike thanks. Smell and taste almost back to normal, just a little bit more fatigued than usual if I do a bit of exertion.
                Vern.

Comment

Good Vern, glad to hear you are getting better buddy.

People that dismiss it as nothing more than a cold. Really do need to do some research.

On topic, i uninstalled SimTrain about an hour ago.

Just been happily running the merged, Shrewsbury - Bristol - Swansea route.

Mike.
                  Yma O Hyd

Comment

I could get into the data that contradicts the "research" but I don't really care, and my post on SimRail isn't the place or this forum for that matter.

Thanks

Sean
                    Discord https://discord.gg/zfxTBbnu3K
                    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by haverfordwest View Post
                      Good Vern, glad to hear you are getting better buddy.

People that dismiss it as nothing more than a cold. Really do need to do some research.

On topic, i uninstalled SimTrain about an hour ago.

Just been happily running the merged, Shrewsbury - Bristol - Swansea route.

Mike.
                      Not quite at the uninstall stage yet. BTW you need to manually delete the folder from your Steam Apps as when I originally refunded all the files were still present.

That is a good merge, think I might have it installed. Swansea to Shrewsbury with a Warship, or one of the Victory steamers.
                      Vern.

Comment

Thanks Vern i will do that. I have tried running the merge with the hydraulics pack loco's.

But i just never feel the love. So i use the modern default stock.

Plus Class 60's and 66's with TEA tanks to simulate runs to and from Robeston Energy Centre.

Mike.
                        Yma O Hyd

Comment

Originally posted by SurvivorSean View Post
                          I could get into the data that contradicts the "research" but I don't really care, a...
                          If you don't care then why comment?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
                            Pretty much okay now.....just a little bit more fatigued than usual if I do a bit of exertion.
                            Good to read, Vern.
                            My son had it and it appears that he now has the effects of "long Covid", so I do hope you don't suffer from that.

Comment

Thanks Bruce. I hope your son is able to get over it eventually.
                              Vern.

Comment

Originally posted by seagoon View Post
                                Good to read, Vern.
                                My son had it and it appears that he now has the effects of "long Covid", so I do hope you don't suffer from that.
                                Not good Bruce i hope he finds some improvement in the long term condition, very soon.

Mike.
                                Yma O Hyd

Comment

Working...
                                X