X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic

Bought this earlier. I have been watching it for over a year now. In early access since 2019 and reviews are very positive and overwhelmingly positive.

Build a soviet republic from an impoverished country into a rich industrial superpower in a city builder with intricate production chains and a fully simulated global economy. Manage the lives of your citizens from education to work and party loyalty to criminal activity.
    Yma O Hyd

Looks interesting other than the fact I tend to suck at city building games. Can never make money and I bet it will takes hours of gameplay to reach the sort of transport network in those video clips. Looks as if everything is micromanaged, even down to having to build factories to produce resources for items like bus stops etc. Still, put it on my wishlist for now and will see how you get on Mike!
    Vern.

Comment

I suck as well Vern, but the game includes a good few tutorials. Plus there is loads of helpful stuff on YT. Also a lot of mods for it on the Steam Workshop.

I have played 8 of the tutes and it is head and shoulders above Cities Skylines 2, for in depth gameplay. But yes there is a lot of micro management to set things up. I will probably be dead, before i get to grips with everything involved .

Purchased in the sale as well, saved 35% on the full price.

Mike.
      Yma O Hyd

Comment

Lots of thumbs-up comments which also mention the difficulty...such as this one:-

It's super difficult (I am jumping straight into realistic), and I've failed to keep my population alive every single time, but every time I learn something new and get better, keeping them alive longer. Of course I'm bankrupt by then so have to restart but its worth it. Very good game for strategic minded players.
        IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Comment

Play on super easy here or sandbox, Bruce.

Just like the trucksims, the business side of the game is of no interest buddy.

Mike.
          Yma O Hyd

Comment

Originally posted by haverfordwest View Post
            ......Just like the trucksims, the business side of the game is of no interest buddy.

Mike.
            Funny, isn't it, Mike? I cannot give a hoot about the business management aspects of any game.
            I did it as part of my job for 15+ years so it is definitely NOT an attraction for me!

IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by seagoon View Post
              Lots of thumbs-up comments which also mention the difficulty...such as this one:-

It's super difficult (I am jumping straight into realistic), and I've failed to keep my population alive every single time, but every time I learn something new and get better, keeping them alive longer. Of course I'm bankrupt by then so have to restart but its worth it. Very good game for strategic minded players.
              So, it's just like the real thing?...

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by seagoon View Post
                Funny, isn't it, Mike? I cannot give a hoot about the business management aspects of any game.
                I did it as part of my job for 15+ years so it is definitely NOT an attraction for me!
                I can fully understand that Bruce, would be like going back to work for you. Definitely not fun buddy.
                I have never been a bread head, money does not drive me in the real world.
                As long as i have enough to eat and few quid to use as i wish. I am happy enough, child of the 60's maaaaaaaaan peace brother .

Mike.

Yma O Hyd

Comment

Refunded, too much micro management of everything in the game.
                  Yma O Hyd

Comment

Refunded, too much micro management of everything in the game.
                    That's all I need to know Mike, thanks. I have a soft spot for Russian trains (politics be damned) but I want something like Transport Tycoon or RRT not something that seems to be a full time job!
                    Vern.

Comment

Very welcome Vern. Do you own Transport Fever 2, i do and it is very good.

Mike.
                      Yma O Hyd

Comment

Very welcome Vern. Do you own Transport Fever 2, i do and it is very good.

Mike.
                        Yes but strangely never spent much time on it.
                        Vern.

Comment

Vern, i havent played it much lately. Because at one time i played it to death. There are plenty of UK themed mods for it.

But i am still looking for gaming nirvana .

Mike.
                          Yma O Hyd

Comment

Vern, i havent played it much lately. Because at one time i played it to death. There are plenty of UK themed mods for it.

But i am still looking for gaming nirvana .

Mike.
                            Just revived TF2 on the laptop, thoroughly bored of playing around in TSC and Trainz route editors and even the wife suggested time I just played something for a bit at fun. So for now I've just been doing the first couple of missions - Carson City then Java which are effectively tutorials to get back in the feel of the game. However you are right, there are so many third party maps and rolling stock assets on the Workshop, could keep going for months. Even a few Aussie maps (for Bruce!) and some Australian locos and rolling stock too.
                            Vern.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
                              ....... Even a few Aussie maps (for Bruce!) and some Australian locos and rolling stock too.
                              I think I have this game somewhere...maybe on a laptop. I might check out the Aussie additions....any particular URLs to visit, Vern, or just look at Steam Workshop?

Comment

Working...
                              X