Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eric
    replied
    A problem within search logic related to the previous couple posts has been found and corrected -- while the stripping of dashes and apostrophes has been working with descriptions, it wasn't working with names containing special characters (e.g. hyphens or apostophes) were not being searched correctly.

Thanks to Peter O'Neill for identifying it.

With regard to reporting marks like B&O... I've put a tweak in place that will place a space before and after search keywords containing "&" so that it should give better results.

Otherwise, it was returning everything with a contiguous B and O in the description (e.g. bottom).

Thanks to Unoriginal for pushing me to look closer at that.
    Last edited by eric; 01-29-2024, 12:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• magmateus
    replied
    Exactly.
    When insert B&O_box.zip in Search Filename, the result is "No files found for your selected criteria".
    But, if you place BO_box.zip in Search Filename, you obtains, among others, the file b&o_box3.zip or b&o_box.zip, and so on.
    Regards.
    Mateus

Leave a comment:

• eric
    replied
    Dashes are stripped out by design. & is a reserved character and probably being ignored.

Leave a comment:

• Unoriginal
    replied
    I don't know if it's a bug or not, but I'm unable to search using "&" or "-". Searching something like "B&O" shows all files containing a B or an O instead of pulling only Baltimore and Ohio items. Searching something like "SD40-2" doesn't pull up all files with SD40-2 in their descriptions.

Leave a comment:

• crstagg
    replied
    Originally posted by devbose99 View Post
    i am unable to search files
    Don't know why Eric has not responded to this post yet. Maybe he is still shaking his head in disbelief of so little information provided.

Please explain why you are unable to search files.

Is it because you don't see the "File Library" tab at the top of the page?
    Or when you click the "File Library" tab you don't see the choices of: New Files, By Description, By Filename, etc?
    Or when you choose one of the choices you don't know how to fill in the entries?
    Or when you do, you get no files found?
    Just what causes you to say "i am unable to search files"?

Have you tried the "Help" tab which is on the second line just to the left of "New Files"?
    Last edited by crstagg; 01-19-2024, 01:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• devbose99
    replied
    i am unable to search files

Leave a comment:

• charland
    replied
    F5, thanks Peter, must have been drawing something and didn't come up for air and missed the post!

Paul :-)

Leave a comment:

• peterman
    replied
    Originally posted by charland View Post
    I had no idea how to close the pop=up and actually get to the part where my search shows up
    Hi Paul,

I think I mentioned this somewhere before but, when you see an ad/pop-up just hit F5 and it goes away. I just tried it and it works.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• charland
    replied
    OK, I was able to use the search engine at the top of the page to fine out what I was looking for. Thanks Eric.

Leave a comment:

• eric
    replied
    We really have no say over that... your IP address is clearly from Canada

Leave a comment:

• charland
    replied
    I just tried three times to do a search in the library. Each time after entering my the description of my search and hitting enter, I then had an ad pop up... in what looks like Arabic only. I don't speak or read Arabic so I had no idea how to close the pop=up and actually get to the part where my search shows up. Any way of getting some English in there so people can know what to hit to close the ad?

Leave a comment:

• crstagg
    replied
    Originally posted by HILTON_DH View Post
    Search bar not showing
    Eric is smart, but not clairvoyant. Maybe you should specify what page you found the search bar missing. It appears for me everywhere it is needed.

Leave a comment:

• HILTON_DH
    replied
    Search bar not showing

Leave a comment:

• eric
    replied

Thanks, that does help.

Leave a comment:

• peterman
    replied
    Originally posted by eric View Post
    If you can capture the page address, I can get that excluded. I just added "/forums/activity-week" and "/forums/homepage"
    Is this what you are looking for?... https://www.trainsim.com/forums/#google_vignette

Peter

Leave a comment:

Working...
X