X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theme Updates

If you didn't know, you can change the color theme in the lower left corner of every page on the site.

Thanks to some of Pete Willard's font wizardry and a few other sources, I've been able to give a few of our railroad specific themes a bit of a branding twist.

The themes that were just updated include:

• Quality Blue
    • Warbonnet
    • Armour Yellow
    • Royal Gorge Gold
    • City of New Orleans
    • Daylight
    • Chessie
    • Cascade Green
    • Baltimore Blue
    • Big Sky
    • Flambeau 400
    • Southern Belle

Others will follow as time and typefaces/logos permit.

For our guests and those who don't have a specific style selected, I've added a style rotating feature which will change the default style every couple of hours.

• If you don't want this... go into the Theme selector and choose a style (e.g. Trainsim Classic, Boiler Black) and it will remain set

• If you're interested in trying the rotating style, click here to be directed to the instructions page on how to clear out your saved style

I know that having different page colors isn't everyone' s cup of tea, but the idea here was to celebrate some really great color schemes, and perhaps one or two that make you go "what on Earth were they thinking"....
    Last edited by eric; 10-26-2023, 01:07 AM.
    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Add BNSF, KCS, CSX, Genesee and Wyoming, to the list of themes.

Comment

KCS has been added, as that is now in the Fallen Flag category.

I've made a mostly conscious effort to try to stay with Fallen Flag themes. The one exception was UP and Armour Yellow, and I'm intentionally using the 1941 colors.

We have Cascade Green and Warbonnet, so BNSF is technically covered... LIkewise CSX is represented by Baltimore Blue, Chessie, and Seaboard. But maybe a little down the line when I have more time.
      Last edited by eric; 10-26-2023, 01:09 AM.
      If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

D&H would look good as a theme.

Comment

I didn't know, 'till the site turned bright Chessie yellow. Nice option. Though I noticed that in the Southern Belle theme the text colour in the black bar on the bottom (where the theme option is) appears black-on-black. In other themes a contrasting texts colour is used.

Comment

Southern Belle has Fill and Text Color conflict at bottom of page.
            Charles

Comment

Ah... yeah. Brunswick Green with Black Text, that won't work. It's fixed.

I'd started Southern Belle out with a primary Brunswick Green background, and the footer bar as yellow. Flipped them but didn't adjust the text...
              Last edited by eric; 10-31-2023, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Someone asked why some of these have logos and others don't...

Tuscan Red and Brunswick Green were almost as ubiquitous as oxide red box cars and Pullman Green on passenger cars, so there's no one railroad that has those colors as its identity.

Pine Tree, Hiawatha, Rocket, Citrus and Commonwealth will get them when I have time to wrap those up. Possibly this week.

Comment

Boiler Black is my go to but maybe another option that uses a black background. CB&Q Blackbird scheme. A Black background with, silver, red and yellow accents on the page.

Comment

That might be doable. SP Black Widow was another I was considering.

Comment

Some great ideas proposed here, love the new schemes!

Comment

It was a moment of weakness.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20231124_100232_Chrome.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	2290771

Comment

Working...
                        X