X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File Library Search Filter Request/Suggestion

I'm wondering if it's possible to add a search feature in the file library that will filter out items users have already downloaded? So, for instance, if I do a search for "boxcar," I can click a checkbox that will filter out all of the boxcars I previously downloaded. Thus reducing the number of items I have to look through to find something new.

Search by Railroad as a filter?

Comment

Filtering out what's downloaded might be possible, but it will slow the search down.

I've considered a separate railroad or reporting mark search, but it's already possible to search on a reporting mark using the description search. Some uploaders include reporting marks, some don't. If you see files that don't have the reporting marks and should, use the "report file" link and let me know what should be added.
      If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by eric View Post
        Filtering out what's downloaded might be possible, but it will slow the search down.
        Thanks for looking into it! I guess my thought is that it might slow down the search on the front in, but I assume would be faster than wading through pages of unwanted items

Comment

Search by sim?

Comment

Originally posted by RobGuru View Post
            Search by sim?
            That's already there.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

I mean as a filter.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowdog View Post
                Thanks for looking into it! I guess my thought is that it might slow down the search on the front in, but I assume would be faster than wading through pages of unwanted items

I've been looking at this... and here's the problem: the download history is currently over 11 million rows (with just over a year's worth of data). I'd have to scan that full table on every search, which adds 1-2 seconds of response time. That adds up quickly.

I don't think I can take the performance hit for everyone, but I might be able to index this for just the First Class and current FastPass members without bringing all 11M rows over. Everyone else I might be able to filter against just the previous 30 days.

Originally posted by RobGuru View Post
                I mean as a filter.

It's already possible to filter based on the intended sim... what's missing is the ability to search both MSTS and ORTS content at the same time. That's something I'd planned to include with a change planned for later this year.

I'll go into more detail on that in the upcoming State of the Site article (planned for later this week).
                Last edited by eric; 05-26-2024, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X