Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downpoad Speed

Hi
    I'm a First Class Member and when I download anything lately my speed varies.between 40&120kB/s
    Up until Sept. last year (when I paid subscription for 2 years) download speed was1.0 - 1.2 mB/s.
    Has something gone wrong or is this now the normal?

Rober

We've been on the same servers since July 2023. If you can give some specifics around time of day that you're observing this, I can do some digging.

Looking at a download right now, it's at 1.2 MB/s for me, and that's over my home DSL.
    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

I haven't noticed any problems over on this side of the pond. I usually get around 4MB/s when downloading files from the library.
      Last edited by niknak; 06-19-2024, 02:52 AM.
      Regards,

Nick

( ' boffin0_reprised ' on TikTok )

Cyberpower Desktop with AMD Ryzen 5 CPU. 16GB RAM. ATI AMD Radeon RX6700 12GB graphics. Windows 11 Home 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree....​

Comment

Any number of issues can effect download speeds. Some I'm aware of:
        Type of internet service, ( re: cable type service, as I have, can slow down when a lot of users are on-line)
        Your own computer system, ( what else running when you download - added any new add-ons / programs lately? )
        If you have any sort of Router, the Router speed will dictate your internet speed if it's speed is slower than your service provides.
        Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
        It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

Hi All

Thanks for your replies.

Eric
          The Route I was downloading was Dorset Coast6, I don't know what time it was OVER THERE but the time in Adelaide South Australia was 11.45am to 1.51pm.
          I just tried the route again at the same time and the speed was 2.0 -3.0MB/s estimated time was 6 min,so something has changed. THANK YOU!

rober

Comment

Originally posted by rober View Post
            Hi All

Thanks for your replies.

Eric
            The Route I was downloading was Dorset Coast6, I don't know what time it was OVER THERE but the time in Adelaide South Australia was 11.45am to 1.51pm.
            I just tried the route again at the same time and the speed was 2.0 -3.0MB/s estimated time was 6 min,so something has changed. THANK YOU!

rober
            Hi.
            I downloaded yesterday same route without any problem and with a very good speed.
            Best regards.
            Mateus

Comment

Working...
            X