X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave Edwards

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture_500092.png Views:	10 Size:	3.7 KB ID:	2291556 Last night, I received an email from Dave's wife (Lynn) informing me that he'd passed away on Thursday.....

In his memory, we'll leave the Conrail theme up for the next week.

Dave was a life-long Conrail fan, and a member here "forever". The "Quality Blue" theme on the site was specifically done for him. He was also a Boston Red Sox and New England Patriots fan, and into both aviation and railroad photography.

He became less active over the last two years as he battled some serious health issues. This past January, Dave underwent a double lung transplant and repair for a hole found in his heart during that procedure. He spent almost six months recuperating in the hospital afterward.

A few weeks back, Dave checked back in and said all was mostly good, and he was in the process of setting up a new Alienware so he could get back into simming. We traded a few emails last week, commenting on how the Grinch also had a hole in his heart, which if you knew Dave's persona, was pretty fitting as a diagnosis.

Unfortunately, during a follow-up procedure on Thursday, things didn't quite go as planned...

Services will be held in Groton, CT on January 27th for those who may want to attend. PM me for the location.

Please keep Lynn and the rest of Dave's family in your prayers...

Clear signals ahead, Dave... say hi to Ken and Tom, and keep tabs on Otto while you're at it.

(photos are from his and Lynn's Facebook pages)

Click image for larger version  Name:	36268595_10211873297123844_2159888870760513536_n.jpg Views:	7 Size:	134.0 KB ID:	2291557 Click image for larger version  Name:	352321804_1229616701090718_4022236397840325657_n.jpg Views:	7 Size:	88.2 KB ID:	2291558 Click image for larger version  Name:	24862076_10210618957486137_5719395910537809191_n.jpg Views:	7 Size:	79.9 KB ID:	2291559
    Last edited by eric; 12-10-2023, 08:17 PM.
    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Man another one heads off to the other side! Dave was a great guy and I talked to him a few times but surly didn't know him all that well. Thinking about him and his family during this time and let there be Clear Signals ahead for him!

Brandon

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1hat in hand.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	2291565Peaceful journey Dave, you will be missed.
      Cheers, Gerry
      "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
      It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
      Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
      Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

rest in peace dave 😭

Comment

Rest In peace Dave.

Even though Conrail was a railroad that run from 1976 To 1999.

Comment

It's sad to read such news. Makes us all the more aware of our mortality, particularly as we grow ever older.

Thank you for letting us know, Eric.

Bruce
            IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Comment

Rest In Peace Dave!

Hadn't talked with him in a while, but met with him once back in CT before he moved back up from FL. Sorry we didn't get the A-B line going!

John T

Comment

Working...
              X