X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3DTrain Metrolink Cabcar Issue

I am very sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but the search I did yielded no answers.

I have the payware 3DT Metrolink set and I downloaded the file here on trainsim that will allow you to have a drivable cab. Whatever it is i'm doing, it's wrong, because I always get the error "Can not create cabview" and then the sim crashes and closes out. I followed the directions but there must be something I am doing wrong. Can someone provide me with some type of additional help? I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by Khemistry84; 07-13-2009, 04:25 AM.
    sigpic
    Khemistry.........................

I believe the file in the library is for the FPM version, so you'll need to edit the *.ENG file. Open the file in WordPad, and change all occurrences of Surfliner_Common to 3DTrains_Surfliner.
    Cheers!

Melanie - 3DTrains

Comment

Did you copy the Cabview folder from the Surfliner set into the Metrolink folder ?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Hack View Post
        I believe the file in the library is for the FPM version, so you'll need to edit the *.ENG file. Open the file in WordPad, and change all occurrences of Surfliner_Common to 3DTrains_Surfliner.
        Ah thats right..i recalled having some issue with it.....that was what it was.

Thanks for the additional bonus cars Marc.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Hack View Post
          I thought this would solve my problem, but it didn't. The files are correctly aliased to the 3DT Surfliner. I checked all the .ENG files I could and they were all routed to 3DTrains_Surfliner.

Does anyone else have any ideas of what I might have done wrong?
          sigpic

Comment

Did you download Patrick Lopez's dirveable Metrolink? Because thats for FPM's Metrolink, but I recently uploaded one for people who bought it from 3D Trains.

Comment

Originally posted by mysteryman View Post
              Did you download Patrick Lopez's dirveable Metrolink? Because thats for FPM's Metrolink, but I recently uploaded one for people who bought it from 3D Trains.
              Is it this file: MSTS (SCAX) Metrolink #601 (sdnrscax.zip)??? Because I downloaded mcupdate.zip which says its for the Coaster AND Metrolink set.
              sigpic

Comment

The one I uploaded wat the mcupdate.zip. Its not working? Did you copy and paste the ENTIRE cabview folder from the surfliner folder to the Metrolink/Coaster folder?
                Last edited by mysteryman; 07-13-2009, 01:05 PM.

Comment

The one I uploaded wat the mcupdate.zip. Its not working? Did you copy and paste the ENTIRE cabview folder from the surfliner folder to the Metrolink/Coaster folder?
                  Yes sir, I did. I went to my Surfliner folder, right clicked on the Cabiew folder, pasted the entire thing into the Metrolink folder...and nothing. But the cabview for the Coaster works flawlessly.
                  sigpic

Comment

Did you modify the cabview in any way before?

Comment

Did you modify the cabview in any way before?
                      No, not at all. I just followed the instructions provided in the readme file. I even did a fresh reinstall of the mod, and still nothing.
                      sigpic

Comment

Update

So I did some tinkering...and the issue was what I predicted...I did something wrong. I don't know what I did, but I fixed the cabview problem. Now I have one slight problem remaining. I can't get a horn sound on my Metrolink cabcar. The bell will work when I press [Space] but the horn will not sound. I have tried multiple ways to solve the problem, but I can't. Can anyone point me in the direction to where the sound files are and/or where they are aliased too? Thanks in advance.
                        sigpic

Comment

The metrolink horn can be found in Patrick Lopez's Metrolink Heritage 3 download. Instead of putting the horn in surfliner_common, put it in the SOund folder of the Pacific Surfliner folder.

Comment

The metrolink horn can be found in Patrick Lopez's Metrolink Heritage 3 download. Instead of putting the horn in surfliner_common, put it in the SOund folder of the Pacific Surfliner folder.
                            Sigh. No dice. I don't know what I've done wrong. I know the sound files are located in a separate download. Is there any way your or another forum member could provide me with that download...in case I have the wrong one. I moved the horn files I had to the main Surfliner folder, but it didn't fix the problem. The bell still rings but there is no horn sound.
                            Last edited by Khemistry84; 07-13-2009, 10:11 PM. Reason: Update
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Khemistry84 View Post
                              Sigh. No dice. I don't know what I've done wrong. I know the sound files are located in a separate download. Is there any way your or another forum member could provide me with that download...in case I have the wrong one. I moved the horn files I had to the main Surfliner folder, but it didn't fix the problem. The bell still rings but there is no horn sound.
                              Don't feel bad I made a mess of mine. I fixed it temporarily by putting a copy of the Surfliner sound sound folder into the Metrolink folder. Then change the 601 engine file to read
                              Surfliner_6900eng.sms
                              Surfliner_6900cab.sms

I don't know what is the difference in the sound between the two, but I have all the sounds now.

Jim
                              Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X