X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DieselsWest pack 2

From the looks of his website, pack 2 may soon be released! Whats does everyone think? While tunnelmotors and SD45s were the backbone of SP, Im kinda surprised he didnt do other units NOT created for MSTS yet. The rolling stock in this pack looks REALLY nice....probably the main reason I'll eventually get it. While his models look outstanding, if he,s going to release SP, we NEED a weathering file!!!! After all, we ARE talking SP! Another nit-pick is the lack of ditch lights for the more updated (90s) SP. Thats another file option that should be added along with the weathered look.

Dieselswest Pack 2

I think you'll find that these packs are designed around the new 3DTrainStuff West Colton route, and as it is set in the late 70's then the equipment should look a little cleaner and a lot less modern. Also, there should be no speed lettered locomotives or rolling stock.

Duncan

Comment

sounds

how were the locomotive sounds in the sp pack #1? thanks for any info.....

Comment

Originally posted by goneon66 View Post
        how were the locomotive sounds in the sp pack #1? thanks for any info.....

They look great, I suggest you get new sounds for them though..the rolling stock is really what makes the pack in my opinion.
        Never shoot 'em 'til you hear the metal crunch.

Comment

Originally posted by K5LLA View Post
          They look great, I suggest you get new sounds for them though..the rolling stock is really what makes the pack in my opinion.
          I can't agree with that. I think the sounds are very good. Are you sure you are talking about the same pack?

Comment

The new packs are amazing. Sound, models, and all are well done. The rolling stock is what sold me. The stock is what many 'west coasters' saw for years. I do like how much of the stock was themed around the various trains that left West Colton.

Many of these traffic patterns are the same under UP's reign.
            F. Strong-Baker

Comment

Originally posted by dcushing View Post
              I think you'll find that these packs are designed around the new 3DTrainStuff West Colton route, and as it is set in the late 70's then the equipment should look a little cleaner and a lot less modern. Also, there should be no speed lettered locomotives or rolling stock.

Duncan
              This may very well be true but it doesnt make alot of sense. Why release expensive engine packs that are aimed at just ONE route that Im begaining to wonder if it will actually BE released! Ive heard its been finished for weeks now. There is nothing wrong with a set or sets being for certain time periods but if one is gonna shell out 30 bucks for each set, Id say asking for optional files for weathering and (or ) ditchlights ISNT asking TOO much.

Comment

Originally posted by trainman_47 View Post
                This may very well be true but it doesnt make alot of sense. Why release expensive engine packs that are aimed at just ONE route that Im begaining to wonder if it will actually BE released! Ive heard its been finished for weeks now. There is nothing wrong with a set or sets being for certain time periods but if one is gonna shell out 30 bucks for each set, Id say asking for optional files for weathering and (or ) ditchlights ISNT asking TOO much.
                It makes perfect sense. If the West Colton route isn't released, then DW isn't left with hundreds of wasted hours. He can walk away with his cake, and eat it too. Alot of SP fans will have what they've been wishing for (for ages), and the world keeps spinning on its axis.

As for 'shelling out' $30, that's not expensive at all. At least not for all that equipment that it comes with. I have no problem buying $60 in SP-gear, knowing I can replicate the consists I saw on the Shasta route 15 years ago, and beyond. There's more than just a price tag attached to these packs when we buy them. There is an emotional connection to something like that - a link to ones childhood per say - that is worth $30 (and some). At least that's my two cents.

If he made a third or forth pack, I'll be the first to say that I'll be standing in line with my credit card ready the be forked over.
                F. Strong-Baker

Comment

Why release expensive engine packs that are aimed at just ONE route that Im begaining to wonder if it will actually BE released! Ive heard its been finished for weeks now.
                  Releasing a route is more than just finishing it. There's the documentation, GUI creation, etc beforehand. In short, it will BE released.

There is nothing wrong with a set or sets being for certain time periods but if one is gonna shell out 30 bucks for each set, Id say asking for optional files for weathering and (or ) ditchlights ISNT asking TOO much.
                  Having weathered units would be a nice option, but whether or not a price is unreasonable is dependent on what the buyer believes is or is not unreasonable.
                  Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree with all of your points, ~44kid. :-)

Someday Im sure I'll be looking forward to SP pack 3...4... ;-)

~dog

sigpic

Comment

Typical 'want it all' for little $$$! You want it beautiful, perfect and cheap!

Comment

Not just one route. You got Donner`s Pass and MLT`s Cascades Crossing these units work just fine on as well.

Comment

Originally posted by conrailguy View Post
                          Typical 'want it all' for little $$$! You want it beautiful, perfect and cheap!
                          $30.00 for three types of locomotives and five types of railcars with various numbers to each, is a bit much if you ask me.

Yes, they are modeled great! However, I am taking a guess that only one GP40-2 and one SD38-2 is operational while the others are AI or TU's.

As for the added extra, I don't see it as a bad idea. It would give much more to the pack.

Now, some that is Beautiful, Perfect, Cheap, and REALLY worth the money is.
                          The BLW-ZT GP7/9 Set.
                          Comes with a total of 43 engines, all operational, and only for $17.99

Now that my friend, is Worth the money spent!

However, I am not dissing Diesels West in anyway at all! Don't take it that way, I am just saying that right now, my $30 will need to go to something worth more then that.

Comment

Are you saying they all use different cabviews, or do 43 units all use the same one? The only difference with a DW trailing unit, and a drivable unit, is the crew in the cab, and a few lines of text in the engine file. That's it. You could make as many drivable units as you want.

Comment

This is starting to sound a lot like another thread... Why does this every time have to turn into critism about price, which accomplishes nothing in the end?! Just be happy people are still producing products for MSTS, which people can CHOOSE to enjoy.
                              My photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/cp9524/

Comment

Working...
                              X