• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dieselswest BN uboats out

Scott just released his C 30's in BN
    Attached Files
    Work Safe play hard

Wow, they look great! So do the bonus hopper cars.

Rob

Comment

These...caught my attention, and I never really much cared for the DW products. Wow those look great!

Comment

I've already got them and man, let me tell you, they are gorgeous! Scott really outdid himself on these beauties. I don't know how many of you loved the raw power of these old U-boats, but if you did, you'll want to lash these beasts up to a long string of cars, fire them up and listen to them bellow.

Scott, ya did good!
        Larry Steiner
        Grand Rapids, Michigan

sigpic

Comment

I have the originals.I had a conversation with Scott re a discount for those of us who have supported his business in the past and see there is a measly $5 discount for us.At that level,I for one will not be purchasing these.This is just a kick in the teeth for those who have made (many) purchases from DW (but will be making no more).I have no problem with a business making a profit but this is just taking the mickey.

Comment

Originally posted by ragtimer View Post
            I have the originals.I had a conversation with Scott re a discount for those of us who have supported his business in the past and see there is a measly $5 discount for us.At that level,I for one will not be purchasing these.This is just a kick in the teeth for those who have made (many) purchases from DW (but will be making no more).I have no problem with a business making a profit but this is just taking the mickey.
            So if the discount were $7.50 would you be making such a harsh post? $8.00? $9.75? Just curious as to how far off you think the discount was for you to decide to abandon one of the best and oldest MSTS payware vendors.

Comment

Originally posted by ragtimer View Post

And I'm gathering you think Scott makes enough off this business to support a family...give your head a shake.As whats been said how big a discount did you want speak up...
              Work Safe play hard

Comment

I spent many years developing payware/shareware for the flight simulation community including doing vendor work for one or two major FS development studios. Believe me...its a break even proposition at BEST. Just covering costs, much less actually putting coin in your pocket is difficult. That doesnt even include support activity. Whatever we pay generally is a bargain most of the time.
                I generally wont pay for repaints because I can do those well enough myself. However, any creative development work, especially on things I cant do myself, like routes especially, that I will pay for. Well developed rolling stock and locos I will also pay for.

Comment

I was actually surprised at the $19.95 price given that the recent SP packs were all $29.95. True, this set doesn't have as much rolling stock but I would not have blinked at $24.95 or even $29.95 given how everything else is more expensive these days.

Comment

well i have them and also have alot of scotts other products i dont undertand why he is so mad your getting a discount and i had to pay full price for it. and even if i had already gotten the old pack before i would still get them if he was charging full price its a new model better in every way to the old pack plus your getting 10 hoppers loaded and empty. be happy he even decided to go back and update them and also nothing in life is free so you might as well deal with it cya.

Comment

Based on the detail of these units and the time it took him to create such a model, I can't for the life of me see where you have any reason to gripe at a $15 price tag. I have close to 40 of Scott's products and love every one. In my opinion he's probably the most fair, honest, reliable and conscientious outfit out there. Don't worry, Scott, I'll more than make up for Ragtimer's lack of business!
                      Larry Steiner
                      Grand Rapids, Michigan

sigpic

Comment

These are well done models and worth the price,I have the previous set also and this set IS vastly improved.

Comment

Yeah, I'd have to say that when the funds become available that I'll likely be picking these up as well
                          - Chris N.
                          So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet, to see the king of the potato people... and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?

Comment

I have no issues with a 5 dollar discount, as non of these locos is actually an update from the previous set. It's a whole new set, and they do not over write the old set at all. So to be getting a discount at all....I consider more than generous.

Comment

Originally posted by geekman View Post
                              based on the detail of these units and the time it took him to create such a model, i can't for the life of me see where you have any reason to gripe at a $15 price tag. I have close to 40 of scott's products and love every one. In my opinion he's probably the most fair, honest, reliable and conscientious outfit out there. Don't worry, scott, i'll more than make up for ragtimer's lack of business!
                              ditto!

Comment

Working...
                              X