X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diesels West BNSF GEVO

Have you seen the new picture Scott has posted of his new BNSF Gevo? I hope that means he's getting close to putting it up for sale!

Click image for larger version

Name:	GEVO.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	2219969
    Larry Steiner
    Grand Rapids, Michigan

sigpic

For my money, SLI's are a better deal, but I'll have to get his UP GEVOs.
    Writer and Wolverine, among other things.
    Interested in railroad stories? Check out the Fiction vault:
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...82#post1882582

Comment

Im begaining to really wonder about DieselsWest. For reasons that make no sense, he seems to sit on finished projects for weeks or months before releasing them. If SLI would just sell the Gevos and non of the other stuff I dont need, I would go with them.

Comment

Sure wish he would do stuff for RW
        sigpic

Like us on Facebook BN Productions and on youtube to see train simulator videos.
        https://www.facebook.com/BNProuctions/ https://www.youtube.com/c/BNSF650

Comment

What the heck is wrong with the steps? They look way too wide, and it really ruins the appearance of the model. The plow also appears to be stretched way too far forward...

trainman_47, IMO, go with the SLI ones. Everything is scaled properly, and all the other stuff (Dash-9's, GP38-2's, and SD40-2's) are really high quality and well worth the money.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernPacificLines View Post
            What the heck is wrong with the steps? They look way too wide, and it really ruins the appearance of the model. The plow also appears to be stretched way too far forward...
            Not to mention the trucks, and the cab windshield angle appearing too long.
            Southern Pacific Transportation Company

Comment

Originally posted by trainman_47 View Post
              Im begaining to really wonder about DieselsWest. For reasons that make no sense, he seems to sit on finished projects for weeks or months before releasing them. If SLI would just sell the Gevos and non of the other stuff I dont need, I would go with them.
              Is it so hard to believe some people actually have lives outside of MSTS...

I think these are great, the windows I do notice seem to be an issue, hope Scott sees that, but as usually I am sure he will take note as he doesn't leave things going unnoticed. Another release bringing High Quality to a new standard and for the best price.

Comment

Originally posted by PORU333 View Post
                Another release bringing High Quality to a new standard and for the best price.
                Best price? For $15.99 Diesels West only gives you a few Gevo's, and a few freight cars. For only $10 more SLI gives you Gevo's, Dash-9's, SD40-2's, GP38-2's and the Boeing train.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DW's Head of Advertising View Post
                  I think these are great, the windows I do notice seem to be an issue, hope Scott sees that, but as usually I am sure he will take note as he doesn't leave things going unnoticed. Another release bringing High Quality to a new standard and for the best price.
                  You forgot to add the bit about how he keeps "raising the bar".

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a single loco shape for $15 as being the "best price".

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by trainman_47 View Post
                    For reasons that make no sense, he seems to sit on finished projects for weeks or months before releasing them.
                    Has Scott stated that these projects are "finished" before he "sits on them" for weeks or months? Just because it -looks- done doesn't mean it's anywhere close to being a finished product
                    sigpic

Comment

Scott does go the extra mile and models different cabviews that caters to the prototype instead of just recycling the same old cabviews over and over again without even bothering to change stuff like cab shades paint colors. I'm not biased though. You are right about some scaling issues though.

Comment

DW's Head of Advertising. That is a good one. I'll have to remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by tscraftsman View Post
                          Scott does go the extra mile and models different cabviews that caters to the prototype instead of just recycling the same old cabviews over and over again without even bothering to change stuff like cab shades paint colors. I'm not biased though. You are right about some scaling issues though.
                          I will agree about the cab views as being nice.

Re the scaling...EMD wide cabs spring to mind here.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by PORU333 View Post
                            DW's Head of Advertising. That is a good one. I'll have to remember that.
                            Glad you liked it !!

Steve

Comment

My apologizes for liking products from Diesels West and thinking they are great. It's no different than you liking everything SLI releases.

Comment

Working...
                              X