Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Activity Editor Bugs

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Activity Editor Bugs

    I have multiple MSTS mini route installations.BIN installed.I have three problems.On a couple of the mini routes when in the activity editor and select "file" it wants to open a file in one of the other mini routes despite the shortcut pointing to the correct installation.What happens is that the box which appears with all the activities is pointing to the wrong address.How can I delete the incorrect address and substitute the correct one?The box can display both the correct and incorrect addresses so I wish to delete the incorrect ones.

    Secondly,on several mini routes when wishing to place a loose consist I cannot edit a consist via the pop up box,this causes the sim to crash.On one installation,I cannot place any loose consists because the pop up box does not show a list of available consists.

    #2
    Sounds like the Editor is using the Registry entry for MSTS rather than the path where you started it.

    If you had the Pro version of ConBuilder, you would also have MSTS Manager which can be used to select a Mini-install to use, then edit the Registry and then start MSTS Editor and Tools, or drive a Train in the selected install. See details at http://www.conbuilder.com/manager.html
    Charles

    Comment


      #3
      If you don't have the Pro Conbuilder, then Route Riter can change the MSTS path for you. Charles is right. The editors will use the path set in the registry, not the path set in the mini route shortcut. Changing the registry should clear up all three problems.
      Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by baldwin View Post
        Charles is right. The editors will use the path set in the registry, not the path set in the mini route shortcut. Changing the registry should clear up all three problems.
        In all of the mini installs that I have, the AE and RE are totally independent of the registry entries. For the Consist Editor, only stock in the particular install shows. I never use the Cab Editor, so I do not know its dependencies.

        For the Route Geometry Extractor, the route must surely be in the main install (acknowledging RouteRiter and Conbuilder capabilities to change to another install which then becomes the main).

        regards,
        charlie

        Comment


          #5
          I have about 25 mini's containing about 60 routes and have no problem in the RE or AE for any. At one time I had two versions of one route installed in one mini and I made a new .trk file for the second version but for some reason the AE kept reading the .trk~bk that was from the original I made the copy from. As soon as I deleted the .trk~bk no more problems..
          Jim

          Comment


            #6
            You have to set up the AE shortcut using the train.exe in each mini-route. Launcher checks the registry for MSTS.
            Regards,

            Eric

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by ragtimer View Post
              I have multiple MSTS mini route installations.BIN installed.I have three problems.On a couple of the mini routes when in the activity editor and select "file" it wants to open a file in one of the other mini routes despite the shortcut pointing to the correct installation.
              These desktop shortcuts must be used to run a MSTS MINI route's train.exe and its editors, but not the Route Geometry Extractor !

              Web site: www.otto-wipfel.co.uk

              Comment


                #8
                To Otto,yes I am using the shortcuts you specify.Perhaps someone could tell me how to change the settings with RouteRiter as it does not seem to do anything when I try.I have Java installed but RR complains it is not installed.Any ideas on that one?Can anyone tell me how to manually edit the registry settings?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Charles,it appears from the CB page that the MSTS computer has to be connected to the internet.Mine is not and will not be.Can CB still be installed as this appears to be the only way to fix this apart from moving all my MSTS to an external hard drive and reinstalling.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Hi ragtimer,
                    Use the Raildriver/Registry tab of Route-Riter - I think the options then given are self-explanatory

                    If R-R complains that Java is not installed, make sure you've a) installed the 32-bit version and b) copied the contents of R-R's TSutils folder into a new classes folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7 (assuming you're running version 7 of Java).

                    Cheers,
                    Ged
                    Last edited by slipperman; 12-21-2014, 04:49 AM.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Mine is a 64 bit system.Have installed the correct Java.RR still complains but seems to work but fails to change the registry entries or rather it changes them in one mini route and that change then appears in the other mini routes.I have now tried both Otto's fixes .Does not work.Can someone point me to MSTS in the registry editor as I have searched in regedit.That seems the only way apart from CB or moving everything to an external HD,uninstalling,deleting and reinstalling and transferring Mini routes back.What I cannot understand is why some mini routes AE works OK (apart from having several options in the drop down menu when AE is opened) but in others I have several different problems as outlined in my original post.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by ragtimer View Post
                        I have three problems.On a couple of the mini routes when in the activity editor and select "file" it wants to open a file in one of the other mini routes despite the shortcut pointing to the correct installation.What happens is that the box which appears with all the activities is pointing to the wrong address.
                        What OS are you using?
                        It sounds to me like your shortcuts for the toolsets are pointing to the correct train.exe (the "Target"), but what is the directory in each "Start in" set to? The "Start In" has to match the directory the "Target" train.exe is in. See Otto's pics.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by ragtimer View Post
                          Mine is a 64 bit system.Have installed the correct Java.RR still complains but seems to work but fails to change the registry entries or rather it changes them in one mini route and that change then appears in the other mini routes.I have now tried both Otto's fixes .Does not work.Can someone point me to MSTS in the registry editor as I have searched in regedit.That seems the only way apart from CB or moving everything to an external HD,uninstalling,deleting and reinstalling and transferring Mini routes back.What I cannot understand is why some mini routes AE works OK (apart from having several options in the drop down menu when AE is opened) but in others I have several different problems as outlined in my original post.
                          First create a WINDOWS RECOVERY POINT to make sure you can get your working Registry back if you have messed it up !

                          Then do as shown below after you have closed all the open Registry keys except the
                          My Computer one !










                          Web site: www.otto-wipfel.co.uk

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Armchair_Engo View Post
                            What OS are you using?
                            It sounds to me like your shortcuts for the toolsets are pointing to the correct train.exe (the "Target"), but what is the directory in each "Start in" set to? The "Start In" has to match the directory the "Target" train.exe is in. See Otto's pics.
                            Windows 7.Yes,they all point to the correct "start in"

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Hi Ragtimer,
                              I appreciate that you're running a 64-bit Operating System, but you MUST install the 32-bit Java for the TSUtils parts of Route-Riter to work because they are 32-bit!

                              Cheers,
                              Ged

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X