X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***WARNING*** Trainsim files may cause Bodily Injuries. DO NOT DO THIS

Warning, For your safety and well being, DO NOT under any circumstance upload MSTS sound files to your smart phone and proceed to use them as ring tones or alarm clocks. Crossing bells and train horns at 4:00 AM may result in inflicted bodily by the hands of your wife or girlfriend with no intent to bring you to a hospital for Emergency care. Please do not try this.
    Deanno
    "wiscentral"
    Formerly Closed Sceeter's Paint Shop

I'm guessing we can all benefit from your poor judgement, eh?...

The default Dash 9 horn was the ringtone on my Motorola Razr about ten years ago. My co-workers kindly requested that I change it....
    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

I may be asking for trouble with my cell phone, because my text alert is the alternating two-tone plectron 'alert' on the radio. My ringtone is the Tornado Warning tones on the County Fire radio. :P

Comment

My ring tone is the NS P5. It scares me when I'm not expecting it.

Comment

What's my ringtone? I don't have a phone!
          sigpic

Comment

My ringtone fluctuates with my mood.. Its either the Pirates of the Caribbean theme, the whistle from a Cass Scenic Shay, or an the horn from an Amtrak P42DC.
            Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footsteps on the moon..

--Josh--

Comment

LOL, I'm pretty sure locomotive trains horns and whistles will peeve the wife at 4 am in the morning.

Comment

Good Judgment comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgment.

You *could* set your phone so it doesn't ring (except for a short whitelist of "ring-through" numbers) during the hours traditionally allocated for sleeping.

Comment

I always appreciate alerts to the unforseen hazards of modern technology. This hazard - a loud diesel air horn at 4:00 AM - sounds at least as dangerous to your health as walking into the deep end of the pool while texting.

John DeLamater

Comment

Or a fountain in a shopping mall.
                    ............Vince ..............
                    ...... Author NECv4 .......
                    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
                    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
                    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
                    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
                    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Comment

Originally posted by Claude350 View Post
                      My ring tone is the NS P5. It scares me when I'm not expecting it.
                      I feel reminded of the pager that has been lying 2 feet away from my head during today´s ambulance night duty... Could get a heart attack when being called out to one from deep sleep

If I only knew how to make that thing NOT sound like a digi-bell...

Cheers, Markus
                      sigpic

Trains. Trains? Trains! =)
                      I usually hang out at www.elvastower.com (markus_GE).
                      Also take a look at my homepage: http://mgelbmann.jimdo.com/

Comment

I once had the sound of an RS3 starting up as the startup sound on my PC.... I wonder what happened to it?
                        Rick Franzosa - ZosaTrains
                        http://www.valleypass.com/Sales/Sales.htm

Comment

Working...
                        X