Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bradhig
    replied
    4723 was recently seen in California. Looks like it blew it's turbo. You need replacement skin from Maple Leaf Tracks.

Preview clip: After several years of not coming in, we got the word that BNSF 4723 finally makes a return into the Los Angeles, CA area. At first we thought ...

Leave a comment:

• plainsman
    replied
    In addition to the items mentioned above, I might suggest you try OpenRails. Almost all your MSTS files will run there, it is now more stable and issue free under modern operating systems (MSTS will run fine in those as well, but you really have to be computer proficient to make it work without idiosyncrasies). Beyond the obvious of making the process easier, you will also get better looking graphics. It is a free download.

Leave a comment:

• slipperman
    replied
    Hi fontuckydick,
    I assume the file you downloaded from the file library is bnsflogo.zip. If so, it's no surprise that you can't see any changes - the .ace files in the default Dash9 are not named the same as those in that download!! Worse still, from my very limited knowledge of stock building, the .ace files in the download are nothing like the original .ace files, format-wise (ie location of various elements).

It appears that this download applies to the free replacement Dash9 available from Maple Leaf Tracks : http://www.mapleleaftracks.com/Store...&product_id=69

Cheers,
    Ged

Leave a comment:

• fontuckydick
    replied
    I followed the instructions. There are 3 ACE files to copy to Dash9. I open Trains, then Trainset, then Dash9 and copy ACE files titled dash9a, dash9b, dash9c. Still doesn't work. Now what?

Leave a comment:

• Vince
    replied
    Have you installed MSTS according to these instructions?

If not, you have a problem.

regards,

Leave a comment:

• Ace files for the new BNSF logo on my default Microsoft Dash 9

Hello. I need help with the download (Freeware) I saved a while ago which I have tried several times to get it to work but for some reason it won't. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit using a 4 core CPU AMD Phenom 2 X4 920, 4.00 GB Ram, and 931 GB WD Hardrive. This will be the 5th time I am reinstalling Microsoft Train Sim ver. 1.0 from 2 CD's. In my attempts to make it work I have screwed up the install with all updates to the point where it quits working so I uninstall and start over. This new logo is from New Textures by George L. Kenson. The directions for install are: 1. Unzip the files. 2. If you want to save the original ACE files, rename the original ACE files in your DASH9 folder. 3. Copy three ACE files to the Dash9 folder, answer yes to if you want to overwrite files. 4. Thats it. Run MSTS and enjoy the new logo on your Dash 9 locomotive. The three ACE files are titled Ace a, Ace b, and Ace c. I follow instructions and copy and paste the 3 Ace files only as instructed to my Dash 9 folder in train sim, but it still does not work. The old as is logo still appears. Please help. Thanks from fontuckydick. By the way the file ID is a DZ file titled: Repaint of original MSTS Texture Files by George Kenson, if this helps. Thanks.
Working...
X