• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access Denied?

So I Just Installed MSTS.
    And I Was Trying The Play Game.
    It Pop Up Saying "Please Login With Administrator Privileges And Try Again"
    Does Anybody Know How Solve This Problem?
    Thanks

PLEASE,TELL ME PLEASE!!!! You DID NOT install it in Program Files! If you did then you are in for a whole lot of problems. That pop-up indicates that the installation is in that file. If so,dis-install and re-install in another File Location. You can make up the name of it,eg "Train Simulator". Install MSTS there and you should be fine. "Program Files" wrecks havoc with MSTS,permissions,problems installing content and so on. A good source of information concerning MSTS installations can be found on the excellent Steam4Me website. Hope I helped. Brian

Comment

Install for Windows 10 : https://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/...sts_win10.html
      Glenn Duba
      Cinnaminson, NJ

Comment

Originally posted by bandorr2000 View Post
        Thanks Glen, I should have included the Steam4Me link in my post. Brian

Comment

Thank You
          I'm Still working on it the moment, I'll also look through the tutorials lnstall for the Windows 10

Comment

I Finally Put The Microsoft Train Simulator Into Google Drive.
            Now, I Just Need Is A Graphics Card!

Comment

It'll be interesting to see if it will run from "the cloud".

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by rdayt View Post
                It'll be interesting to see if it will run from "the cloud".

Randy
                Yea, At First I Thought that msts cannot run from google drive.
                But later on I found out that I CAN run msts from google drive folder.

Comment

If you're gonna have it on your computer, why not in a folder meant just for trains?
                  I have a whole 240GB SSD set up just for train stuff. Makes it easy to know where everything is and back up.
                  You can also partition off part of your C drive if that's all you have. Keep it away from the OS if you can. Helps if you have to reinstall Winduhs.
                  Google Drive can start to be expensive when you start adding trains and routes to it.
                  I think it's free up to 16GB which isn't a lot anymore. Especially if you take pictures with your phone.

Randy

Comment

If you're gonna have it on your computer, why not in a folder meant just for trains?
                    I have a whole 240GB SSD set up just for train stuff. Makes it easy to know where everything is and back up.
                    You can also partition off part of your C drive if that's all you have. Keep it away from the OS if you can. Helps if you have to reinstall Winduhs.
                    Google Drive can start to be expensive when you start adding trains and routes to it.
                    I think it's free up to 16GB which isn't a lot anymore. Especially if you take pictures with your phone.

Randy
                    Yep -- agree with Randy, everything---and I mean everything...having to do with this hobby is here >>> C:\ORTS, no difference if you are using the venerable MSTS. bandicam 2021-12-30 12-35-17-928.jpg bandicam 2021-12-30 12-26-31-954.jpg
                    Last edited by R. Steele; 12-30-2021, 03:37 PM.
                    Cheers, Gerry
                    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
                    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
                    Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Randy
                      So I Guess I'll made a pretty good choice then!
                      And Thank For Advice!

Comment

Originally posted by MrTrainman05 View Post
                        Yea, At First I Thought that msts cannot run from google drive.
                        But later on I found out that I CAN run msts from google drive folder.
                        My Google Drive installed in C:\USERS\(myName)\Google Drive.

The USERS folders are treated by Windows the same as the Program Files folders so installing MSTS there will produce that same problems as if MSTS were installed into the Program Files folders.
                        Charles

Comment

Originally posted by crstagg View Post
                          The USERS folders are treated by Windows the same as the Program Files folders so installing MSTS there will produce that same problems as if MSTS were installed into the Program Files folders.
                          Wait, So it still doesn't work even if I put in the google drive?!
                          Darn And I kept thinking to myself "Is it okay if I put msts in the google drive?"
                          Oh Well, Might as well keep looking for the right folder then.

And Since The Fact It's December 31
                          Happy New Year Everybody!
                          Last edited by MrTrainman05; 12-31-2021, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X