X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to www.3dtrains.com

Hi, I have a question. Can anyone tell me what happened to www.3dtrains.com, why and when, whether it will ever return and whether all of its products are currently available elsewhere? Thank you so much for your help.

Sincerely,
    Connor Richey

The short answer is that their website has been deactivated, and their payware products are not available for purchase elsewhere.

That's all I know right now. It's always possible that a site will return or that arrangements will be made to sell elsewhere.
    Last edited by eric; 02-06-2023, 07:42 AM.
    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Bummer. I was wanting to get a few more items from there.

Comment

Yeah they had a free soundpack i wish that i could have got.

Comment

I talk to Marc all the time and I can assure you he is alive and well and I recently mentioned to him the interest in Scalerail and Scaleroads so don't be surprised if you see it pop up here in the near future!
          Kevin Kelleher

Comment

Originally posted by jbtower View Post
            I talk to Marc all the time and I can assure you he is alive and well and I recently mentioned to him the interest in Scalerail and Scaleroads so don't be surprised if you see it pop up here in the near future!
            Next time you speak please also ask about some sort of arrangement ( licensing or otherwise ) to provide the Feather River Route ... there have been some recent posts asking about availability of that route. It is still an excellent crafted route, be a shame to lose it. Thanks.
            Cheers, Gerry
            "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
            It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
            Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
            Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Originally posted by R. Steele View Post
              Next time you speak please also ask about some sort of arrangement ( licensing or otherwise ) to provide the Feather River Route ... there have been some recent posts asking about availability of that route. It is still an excellent crafted route, be a shame to lose it. Thanks.
              I concur. Marc also made one of the few OR locomotives with a 3D Cab, and even his MSTS era models were some of the best early diesels out there. The ATSF E8m set was the first piece of payware I owned.
              Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
              Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Comment

It would be nice if scalerails and scaleroads were available somewhere. there are many routes I would like to download but don't bother to as they are required I got Sauda Grade to work! no tracks and no roads! lol was kind of fun watching trains and cars run on grass links on elavas tower appear to just be updates and not for MSTS any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Steele View Post
                  Next time you speak please also ask about some sort of arrangement ( licensing or otherwise ) to provide the Feather River Route ...
                  Add Sherman Hill to that request, please.

Comment

Originally posted by dredick View Post
                    Add Sherman Hill to that request, please.
                    Absolutely! That route was on track to be a great one. Such a shame that it was so close to being finished, but never was, and now is unavailable. There are so many talented folks on this site that could knock that out in a completed-version. I have SH saved, but would certainly pay again for a finished route!

Comment

Originally posted by Curt C View Post
                      Absolutely! That route was on track to be a great one. Such a shame that it was so close to being finished, but never was, and now is unavailable. There are so many talented folks on this site that could knock that out in a completed-version. I have SH saved, but would certainly pay again for a finished route!
                      I was away from the hobby when beta Sherman Hill was offered. I’d love for it to be released to someone to finish up. Marc’s Feather River is still one of my favorite routes

Comment

3DTrains Surfliner Trainsets

Hey everyone,

Is there anywhere i can get these trainsets? 3DTrains is gone now so it seems I won't be able to find them anywhere but thought i might as well ask.

Thanks,

Jonah

Comment

Hopefully the files for Scalerail and Scaleroads will be available in the file library here within the next 24-48 hours.

Thanks to 3DTrains for allowing them to be made available and to everyone for their patience and understanding. We take EULAs and permissions seriously.
                          If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

All the Scalerail and Scaleroad files are now available in the file library.

Comment

Awesome to hear that it has found a home here as well. Any word on what if anything will happen with 3D Trains payware offerings? I've owned Feather River on Disc since its release. With the great new activity done for the Surfliner route, it would be cool to be able to purchase the 3D Trains Surfliner train set

Comment

Working...
                              X