X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChandlerBranchRailfan View Post
    The sad truth is that things always come and go and just like eolesen aka Eric said, it costs money to have something so nothing is technically free.

When things become unavailable it means that people who cannot obtain the items required to run something else must delete the item that requires the missing objects. I apologize if I sound like I'm begging for this to change, but the thing is one is left with no choice but to delete some activities or routes because what they need cannot be found.
    A lot was gained back when Scalerail was able to be added to the file library here. At least modified routes and routes requiring Scalerail can now be downloaded again. Locomotives, rolling stock, scenery packages and his payware offerings are items we may never see again.

Comment

Well, at least we have something to be thankful for.

We all remember that TPR closed down in 2020 for Trainz, but yeah you get my point.

And you're not wrong to assume that the locomotives and rolling stock will never come back (especially the pay ware ones).

I just downloaded "NEC New York Central Commemorative Run" but since that required the removed file, then I think you know why the "delete" button exists.

Given how much of MSTS addons have been removed, I think deleting activities and routes that require said stock is the only option.

Comment

Originally posted by ChandlerBranchRailfan View Post
        Given how much of MSTS addons have been removed, I think deleting activities and routes that require said stock is the only option.
        The problem with removing items that may rely on another item.... you can't predict if someone will bring the missing item back.

It's happened a few times. The Danny Beck donation comes to mind...
        If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by eric View Post
          The problem with removing items that may rely on another item.... you can't predict if someone will bring the missing item back.

It's happened a few times. The Danny Beck donation comes to mind...
          Content being removed happens over and over again like a broken record. Ask me how I know...

Comment

I really want all the items from there and the Pacific Surfliner is the one I really want the most.

Comment

Will anyone please let me know if the site returns or not?

Comment

Not likely the full site, but the Feather River is available in our store.

The Surfliner and Cheyenne are not, but perhaps might be in the future.
                If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Holy shoot, that reminds me.

No offense but isn't that Surfliner Route the same one that was developed by Facing Point Media and later deleted when they closed shop?

Comment

The FPM route has been rightfully lost to the sands of time after they stiffed 3DTrains and customers.

The Surfliner Route in our library is a far more ethical choice.

And.... as of tonight, the Surfliner set is in the store.

Comment

Originally posted by eric View Post
                      The FPM route has been rightfully lost to the sands of time....
                      I've still got that around somewhere...probably in the same cupboard that I had the Feather River DVD.

IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Comment

I have it, but after getting the freeware version, it's been collecting dust on the wayside. The freeware route is better on the over all anyway. With the delays getting from it FPM and then their broken promises it was a disappointment to say the least, so best forgotten, so the Route and the company are where they belong, dead and buried collecting dust.

Train sets are good and worth getting for anyone doesn't have them. Good for running on the freeware Route and Cajon.
                        Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
                        It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

Originally posted by oper190 View Post
                          Train sets are good and worth getting for anyone doesn't have them. Good for running on the freeware Route and Cajon.
                          Along with the combined SoCal route. File ID 88094
                          Pacific Northwest Railfan

Comment

Working...
                          X