X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alias sound

what is the best letters and or numbers to alias sound ?
    I have a few downloaded engines that have the wrong aliasing and darn it I've forgot how to do this simple thing.
    bigjohn

There is no best, the alias MUST point to a sound set somewhere.

Comment

Derek: yes you are very correct
      I used this to fix my stupid problem ..\\..\\common.snd\\710G3-startup\\710-G3_startcab(UP).sms
      also the same for the engine. now thy work as intended wuppee
      thanks for your quick response
      bigjohn

Comment

Originally posted by bigjohn View Post
        Derek: yes you are very correct
        I used this to fix my stupid problem ..\\..\\common.snd\\710G3-startup\\710-G3_startcab(UP).sms
        also the same for the engine. now thy work as intended wuppee
        thanks for your quick response
        bigjohn
        Definitely easy to forget.
        I've also used "..//..//etc" for the alias set up, and works okay for me.
        I have noticed either is used and works fine.
        -Shawn K-
        Derby Rail Shops

Comment

Dfter all, this time spent working on MSTS to fix or modding you would expect that a person could do this simple thing.
          Shawn: I've used that way also .
          I thank all who have helped in the past A little miss in punctuation and Bamm errors funny that.
          Anyway all are fixed ,these engines are for OR so thank you again.

Comment

With all of the stuff we tip onto the head, something has to fall out the other end, I only have a limited capacity!

Comment

Hi,
              While on the subject of aliasing, may I mention that you will occasionally see a single '../' used instead of '..//' or '..\\'. The important point is that MSTS doesn't accept a single back-slash ('..\') as a path separator, but, strangely, will display them when showing a path!

The readme for my MSTS_Check utility has an Appendix describing aliasing, for those interested
              Caveat : It does require updating on some details but should give a general idea.

Cheers,
              Ged
              Last edited by slipperman; 12-28-2022, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Ged, I will read all I can get my old hands-on, my great-grandson is in trains, so MSTS is a good start(before watching real trains) we live on the Mojave sub and see UP and NSF all day every day very cool for a train guy.

Comment

Working...
                X