Only viewable if you're a logged in user
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While Windows itself isn't case sensitive, I recall that for some reason, MSTS is case sensitive with regard to file references within consist files and eng/wag files.

Update your CON file so that the folder and file names matching explicitly including case.

TSRE was written for both Windows and Linux, and may be enforcing case intentionally.
    Last edited by eric; 12-02-2023, 09:31 AM.
    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

[QUOTE=crstagg;n2291078][QUOTE]That's the consist file​
      OK Now answer the other questions:

Now ​open E:\Gry\MSTS\MSTS\Trains\Trainset
      Is the Dash9 folder all caps? As in DASH9?
      Open the folder is the dash9.eng file all small characters?
      image.pngimage.pngYes, both are correct​​

Comment

Originally posted by eric View Post
        While Windows itself isn't case sensitive, I recall that for some reason, MSTS is case sensitive with regard to file references within consist files and eng/wag files.

Update your CON file so that the folder and file names matching explicitly including case.

TSRE was written for both Windows and Linux, and may be enforcing case intentionally.
        At this point, I might just format my windows again. It all happened after I cleaned all of my hard drives.

Comment

Hi Maksha,
          It's not a Windows problem, so there's no point in re-installing!

It's a problem within ConBuilder v2.4.9 which uses the case of the file name when creating a consist, while MSTS expects the file name in the consist to match the entry for Engine in the .eng file.

An example is the DASH9 - filename = dash9.eng, Wagon and Engine entries in the .eng file = Dash9.
          Using ConBuilder 2.4.9, the consist file entry is : EngineData ( dash9 DASH9 ) , which means that MSTS doesn't 'see' the consist because dash9 isn't identical to Dash9

The same occurs with my payware version of ConBuilder (v6.2.6).

My utility MSTS_ActMan offers the option to correct this anomaly, but only for MSTS installations, or if the OpenRails box is unchecked..

Cheers,
          Ged

Comment

MSTS was written by 14 graduates, who funly enough studied Unix.
            Unix is case sensitive.

Comment

Just another thought, have you at some point replaced the default Dash9 with another model? ( in particular the Maple Leaf Tracks freeware replacement, or other ). If any textures files are missing in the DASH9 folder the model won't show up in the sim, but ConBuilder will still see it.
              Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
              It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

Working...
              X