Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oper190
    replied
    Just another thought, have you at some point replaced the default Dash9 with another model? ( in particular the Maple Leaf Tracks freeware replacement, or other ). If any textures files are missing in the DASH9 folder the model won't show up in the sim, but ConBuilder will still see it.

Leave a comment:

• derekmorton
    replied
    MSTS was written by 14 graduates, who funly enough studied Unix.
    Unix is case sensitive.

Leave a comment:

• slipperman
    replied
    Hi Maksha,
    It's not a Windows problem, so there's no point in re-installing!

It's a problem within ConBuilder v2.4.9 which uses the case of the file name when creating a consist, while MSTS expects the file name in the consist to match the entry for Engine in the .eng file.

An example is the DASH9 - filename = dash9.eng, Wagon and Engine entries in the .eng file = Dash9.
    Using ConBuilder 2.4.9, the consist file entry is : EngineData ( dash9 DASH9 ) , which means that MSTS doesn't 'see' the consist because dash9 isn't identical to Dash9

The same occurs with my payware version of ConBuilder (v6.2.6).

My utility MSTS_ActMan offers the option to correct this anomaly, but only for MSTS installations, or if the OpenRails box is unchecked..

Cheers,
    Ged

Leave a comment:

• Maksha
    replied
    Originally posted by eric View Post
    While Windows itself isn't case sensitive, I recall that for some reason, MSTS is case sensitive with regard to file references within consist files and eng/wag files.

Update your CON file so that the folder and file names matching explicitly including case.

TSRE was written for both Windows and Linux, and may be enforcing case intentionally.
    At this point, I might just format my windows again. It all happened after I cleaned all of my hard drives.

Leave a comment:

• Maksha
    replied
    [QUOTE=crstagg;n2291078][QUOTE]That's the consist file​
    OK Now answer the other questions:

Now ​open E:\Gry\MSTS\MSTS\Trains\Trainset
    Is the Dash9 folder all caps? As in DASH9?
    Open the folder is the dash9.eng file all small characters?
    image.pngimage.pngYes, both are correct​​

Leave a comment:

• eric
    replied
    While Windows itself isn't case sensitive, I recall that for some reason, MSTS is case sensitive with regard to file references within consist files and eng/wag files.

Update your CON file so that the folder and file names matching explicitly including case.

TSRE was written for both Windows and Linux, and may be enforcing case intentionally.
    Last edited by eric; 12-02-2023, 09:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• crstagg
    replied
    [QUOTE]That's the consist file​[QUOTE] OK Now answer the other questions:

Is the Dash9 folder all caps? As in DASH9?

Leave a comment:

• Maksha
    replied
    Originally posted by oper190 View Post
    Seems odd, as I use Conbuilder for both OR and MSTS. My only thought is have you checked the Consist Folder in the MSTS install you are trying to run it in and seen the file there?

Also thinking, have you checked the engine folder and file names being correct in the consist file for what is in the Train folder of the install you are trying to use if there are not an exact match it won't show up.
    There should't be an issue with that since I already reinstalled the game twice to make sure it is fully vanilla. I thought some of the patches breaks it

Leave a comment:

• Maksha
    replied
    Originally posted by crstagg View Post
    Another possibility: Have you checked to make sure your MSTS shortcut is pointing to the NEW install?
    image.png
    Yes it is, I usually run it from the game folder anyways

Leave a comment:

• Maksha
    replied
    Originally posted by crstagg View Post
    Open Windows Explorer to E:\Gry\MSTS\MSTS\Trains\Consists. Locate Dash9 Test.con and open it with a text editor.
    The third line (with text) should be:
    TrainCfg ( "Dash9 Test"
    Does it look exactly as I have written?

Does the first Engine lines look like this:
    Engine (
    UiD ( 0 )
    EngineData ( dash9 DASH9 )
    ?

In the Dash9 folder all caps? As in DASH9?

Or if the EngineData line in the CON file is not exactly as I have written above do the filename and folder names match?
    FYI format is EngineData ( filename FOLDER )
    image.pngThat's the consist file​

Leave a comment:

• crstagg
    replied
    Another possibility: Have you checked to make sure your MSTS shortcut is pointing to the NEW install?

Leave a comment:

• crstagg
    replied
    Open Windows Explorer to E:\Gry\MSTS\MSTS\Trains\Consists. Locate Dash9 Test.con and open it with a text editor.
    The third line (with text) should be:
    TrainCfg ( "Dash9 Test"
    Does it look exactly as I have written?

Does the first Engine lines look like this:
    Engine (
    UiD ( 0 )
    EngineData ( dash9 DASH9 )
    ?

In the Dash9 folder all caps? As in DASH9?

Or if the EngineData line in the CON file is not exactly as I have written above do the filename and folder names match?
    FYI format is EngineData ( filename FOLDER )

Leave a comment:

• oper190
    replied

Seems odd, as I use Conbuilder for both OR and MSTS. My only thought is have you checked the Consist Folder in the MSTS install you are trying to run it in and seen the file there?

Also thinking, have you checked the engine folder and file names being correct in the consist file for what is in the Train folder of the install you are trying to use if there are not an exact match it won't show up.
    Last edited by oper190; 11-30-2023, 08:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• crstagg
    replied
    In MSTS one chooses Drive a Train, then choose the route, then choose either Explore or an Activity (If you have not placed the consist Dash9 test in an activity, you should be choosing Explore), next one chooses the locomotive. I assume you are choosing the Dash9. So the pull down for consist should be showing the Dash9 Test consist. Does the Consist pulldown have a scroll bar when the Dash 9 is selected for the locomotive?

Leave a comment:

• Maksha
    replied
    Originally posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi Maksha,
    As you have (at least) two MSTS installations, have you 'told' ConBuilder which installation to use?

Cheers,
    Ged
    lol ofc I did, I literally see where it is putting consists

Leave a comment:

Working...
X