Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is awesome! I made the corrections to both files as you recommended. You said that your utility has a way of checking the sound files? When I created my sound set I didn't know and they were all at like 40k. I brought all of them down to 8k. In MSTS with the corrections that everyone suggested I am not getting sounds at all. What am I missing?

Comment

The .4 is my partner's 4th experiment and the one that he is using at to get the wheels to spin. I will have to have him look at the wobbling. I really appreciate the help.

Comment

Great work. My diameter for the breaks is correct but it may not be correctly written out, just as my error with HP vs KW. Where I thought I was typing in a value in HP when it was types in as KW and the train did not move. This is a Czech former Czechoslovakian train and up till a few weeks ago I was on the other page but, getting help on that and FB was difficult. This group seems to really want to make the projects work. At the same time I know it can be frustrating for the guys to keep answering the same questions over and over. It has been a long time dream to get this built and thanks to you guys it is coming together.

Comment

Thanks I applied the change

Comment

Thank-you Sam. I will pass this to my project partner since that is his area. It is great that you noticed this. LIke I said we never fired this up in OR just MSTS. Lots of progress thanks to you and the rest of the guys here.

Rudy

Comment

Hey guys I corrected the Max power in both lines and I put in the proper KW. It moves and looks like it is acting correctly. More to come.

Comment

With your help it looks like it is moving now. I am having some issues with sound. In the cab I am not getting almost anything at all but, the passanger and the outside I am getting some but like the horn does not work on any of them.

Comment

As far as I can tell, the sounds - inside the cab, from the passenger view, and outside - are all working fine in Open Rails. Of course, I don't know what the 'real' thing is supposed to sound like. The horn is interesting - sort of like a 'PING' on my installation.

The only issues that stand out to me are:

1) It takes a LONG time to relax the brakes
                  2) The forward wheelset on the aft wheel unit wobbles
                  3) We need proper left and right cab views

Otherwise, I'm having fun with it. Thanks for your creative effort. Let us know if it's OK to post screenshots. It's your baby and I don't want to spoil the fun.

Sam
                  Last edited by CurlSnout; 02-04-2024, 11:16 AM.

Comment

I have been playing around with textures, trying to emulate the appearance of the railcar in its restored state - using some of the photos from this site for reference:

SLOVENSKÁ STRELA :: Behance

A simple detail I have incorporated is the TATRA logo that appears in the center of the wheels in hubcap fashion:

Click image for larger version  Name:	53513140221_8a950deb2f_b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.6 KB ID:	2294962

Click image for larger version

Name:	53514142255_b18eed83ba_b.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	2294996

Not perfect, but maybe not too bad.

Hi-Ho,

Sam
                    Last edited by CurlSnout; 02-06-2024, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Hello all
                      There is a working model M290 here: https://vzd-or.eu/ke-stazeni/motorove-vozy-a-jednotky/

I have this model and an earlier version. I also found a M290 3 view cabview with nightview online a couple of years ago. Unfortunately I have not been able to find it again to give an address now.

Alan

Comment

you can definitely post screen shots we still have a lot of changes in the works. The only thing is I would like to keep track of the distro. It will be free once released but want to keep track of downloads

Comment

The only other issue is the sound. Inside the cab I have no sounds.

Comment

Can I get more info on what your utility found with my sounds. In MSTS I am not getting any sound at all and they are all downgraded to 8,000 which should work. Thanks

Rudy

Comment

Hi,
                              Originally posted by rudedog97 View Post
                              Can I get more info on what your utility found with my sounds. In MSTS I am not getting any sound at all and they are all downgraded to 8,000 which should work. Thanks
                              I assume you're referring to my utility sms_Checker?
                              May I suggest that you download it then you can run it and deal with all the reported errors. - sms_checker_v5-1.zip (File ID 87505)

However, when using Open Rails, the in-cab sounds are heard but for MSTS, there are no cab sounds. I have not been able to find the cause, yet!
                              I have completely replaced the sounds with those from the default KIHA31 (and made the appropriate changes in the M290 .eng file) and they STILL can't be heard in the M290 cab. It would, therefore, seem to be something in the .eng file which is causing the problem for MSTS but not for OR.

Cheers,
                              Ged
                              Last edited by slipperman; 02-07-2024, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Hey guys, we seemed to be stuck. It looks litke my sounds work in OR but not in MSTS. Can someone look at this? Here is the link. https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/vu6qt...g9rvtdrfv&dl=0

Comment

Working...
                                X