X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baldwin View Post
    The model still has those wobbly wheels especially wheels21 where the whole axle has a wobble. Apart from that, looking good.
    Thanks the wobble should be fixed when my friend Michael finishes up that part. Thanks for letting me know. Right now our challanges are the sound from the cockpit and the list of items in this post.

Comment

Hi Rudi,
      As far as I can see, everything is working correctly in the v3.1 .eng file. The sounds in the cab and externally can be heard.

I've compared the .eng file with my previously working version and, except for the version comments, are identical.
      The StrelaCab2.cvf, M290strlaeng.sms, M290strelacab.sms files from the latest version are, also, identical with those in my previous version.

File M290StrelaPas.sms is now NOT used in the 'Inside' views.

Attached is the reverse cabview file - Unpack from the .zip file then add it into the CABVIEW folder.
      To use, you should be in the cab and the vehicle must be stationary with the direction switch in Neutral and the throttle at zero, then, in MSTS press the '1' key, or, in Open Rails, <CTRL+E> to switch between the two cabviews. NOTE : For use with MSTS, the MSTSBin Patch must be installed.

StrelaCab2_rv.zip

Cheers,
      Ged

Comment

Awesome..I know we had sound pitch issues in the cab but I will try what we got. Now I just need to work on my wishlist. I really want this to stNd out and work with animation as much as possible. That cabview must javelin been removed by Michael o know he is working o. Some stuff.

Comment

Hey guys are you still with me on this project? You got a little quiet. The completion is in sight. Could I please get some help? Cab sounds and wishlist? above

Comment

Hi Rudi,
            Yes, mate, we're all still here!!
            Your post doesn't look complete - please post any problems you have, then I'm sure that at least one of us will be able to help

Cheers,
            Ged

Comment

Ahoy, Rudi!

Yes, as Ged says, we are standing by - anxious to see updates from you showing off any and all improvements that have been incorporated into your model. I'm not qualified to help much with the items on your 'wish list' but let us know how you are getting on.

By the way, I've gone back to running Open Rails pretty much exclusively. I reinstalled MSTS briefly, to try and help troubleshoot sound issues with the Slovak missile. But to be honest, Open Rails is a much more satisfying experience - speaking only for myself, of course.

Looking forward to seeing what is 'new-and-improved.'

Peace,

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by CurlSnout View Post
                Ahoy, Rudi!

Yes, as Ged says, we are standing by - anxious to see updates from you showing off any and all improvements that have been incorporated into your model. I'm not qualified to help much with the items on your 'wish list' but let us know how you are getting on.

By the way, I've gone back to running Open Rails pretty much exclusively. I reinstalled MSTS briefly, to try and help troubleshoot sound issues with the Slovak missile. But to be honest, Open Rails is a much more satisfying experience - speaking only for myself, of course.

Peace,

Sam
                I agree but we never finished the sound issue..one of the biggest issues is that it played the horn at a faster speed. I did nor recognize the sound because it sounds more like a steam engine. We tested a music file in it's place and it played the recording at a fast rate..there has to be a setting on speed it plays the sound. If I can fix the sound thing that is step one and the crown is the wishlist. Can you tell me what to look for? I will also look to see if I missed anything that you suggested before.

Rudy

Comment

Originally posted by slipperman View Post
                  Hi Rudi,
                  Yes, mate, we're all still here!!
                  Your post doesn't look complete - please post any problems you have, then I'm sure that at least one of us will be able to help

Cheers,
                  Ged
                  Originally posted by CurlSnout View Post
                  Ahoy, Rudi!

Peace,

Sam
                  Ged, I am not sure what you think is missing. I did send the last sound issue as the sound for the horn is playing at a faster rate. We tested it by placing an song and it played the song at a high rate. The rest of the sounds I am testing.

As far as my request, wishlist I just need some guidance on building a break guage, building two speedometers and to get the lights to light up. The first is top row of two lights, I'd like those to come one when the reverser is in forward and the second row to light up when it is in reverse. I also have the one switch that I'd like to light up and then turn off the lights on the left. Finally I need to put in a start switch. My friend and I have hit a wall with the cab builder and need something more to finish out these and the other wish list tasks.

Comment

My friend and partner in the Strela Project Michael should be joining the forum to workout any graphics related topics, He just got done posting the new version that he had createdm a more realistic paint. I can't wait for you guys to see this. I will be posting that copy tomorrow morning. It has been a busy few weeks but I really want to complete this and make it right, If you guys could show us the way to finish that wishlist this will be an amazing addon.

Comment

Try this frequency curve the original 22200 I cut to 5550 and it sounds better . The rest of the curve is left as it was, but depending on sounds could be manipulated also.
                      FrequencyCurve(
                      SpeedControlled
                      CurvePoints ( 15
                      -23.50 22000
                      -19.00 21000
                      -15.60 20000
                      -15.59 5550
                      -7.80 5550
                      -7.70 24000
                      -7.40 5550
                      0.00 5550
                      7.40 5550
                      7.70 24000
                      7.80 5550
                      15.59 5550
                      15.60 20000
                      19.00 21000
                      23.50 22000
                      )

I just used find and replace on the entire sms file.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	SFCAN031112.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	2298511

Comment

Hello, I'm the guy working on the 3D model and such. We have an updated version to this that I will be setting up today. I'll go through the post here and see what all has been suggested so far.

Comment

Welcome to the forums. This thread has generated a lot of interest. As you work through what has been hashed out so far, don't hesitate to ask for clarification if/when anything might be unclear. Many of us are anxious to see your updated model. This is a very unique railcar (a 'Cultural Landmark', after all) and well deserving of representation in the sim.

Sam

Comment

Right on, I have a lot to look through. I have cleaned up the folders for the Cabview and the main folder. So we no longer have doubles on CVFs or ENGs. I also added a few more animations on that brake lever. It's coming along, and I'm happy with how much Rudi and I have gotten done on this thing.

Comment

Also, The new model has a nice low poly interior that can be seen from the exterior view now. So no more Tinted windows.

Comment

I will go over the audio suggestions, I will also post a link to the new model Pesky Dingo made. I need to add the reverse view that you guys made. After we get caught up with that the big items are the speedometeres, cockpit lights, switches,, and brake guage. Is there any other tool that you guys use besides the cockpit builder that comes with MSTS?

Comment

Working...
                                X