Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Route Riter Subscript Out Of Range

Hi there

One of the things I use Route Riter for is creating thumbnails of my rolling stock. Lately I have been getting a "Run-time error 9: Subscript out of range" error message when I ask Route Riter to make a thumbnail using .dds textures. Route Riter makes a proper thumbnail when there are .ace files present. I'm using Route Riter V 7.6.26.

I've upgraded Shape Viewer to handle .dds files and using it stand-alone, it has no problem opening the .s file. Conbuilder V 2.4.6 is also able to create a thumbnail using .dds textures.

Is it possible to update the version of Shape Viewer that Route Riter uses in order to handle .dds textures?

Thanks

Bert​

RR uses its own version of ShapeViewer not the one that installs in the folder Shape Viewer. So the RR SView has not been updated for DDS.
    Charles

Comment

Thanks Charles, I was afraid that was the answer.

What I liked about using Route Riter to generate the thumbnails was how you could select all your rolling stock and it would automatically process them on its own one file at a time. Is there another utility that can create thumbnails in this manner as opposed to me selecting a file, creating and saving the thumbnail, then me selecting the next one over and over?

Thanks

Bert

Comment

I would have thought the current genre of consist editors made the whole thumbnail thingy obsolete?
        My Open Rails videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClc...1kBPO2A/videos

Comment

Yep, I haven't done a thumbnail in ages, especially since a shapeviewer is built into TSRE's Consist Editor and handles DDS just fine.

bertwise If you open up the TSRE ShapeViewer or the Consist Editor, on the 3DView menu there's an option to save an image of what's displayed in the viewer. There isn't a batch option to generate everything in your library, but you can do the one-at-a-time roster shot style images and you can also rotate it to get more of a front view:

Click image for larger version

Name:	3dviewer-2.png
Views:	284
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	2298025 Click image for larger version

Name:	3dviewer-1.png
Views:	58
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	2298026

Last edited by eric; 03-18-2024, 05:17 PM.
          If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by eric View Post
            Yep, I haven't done a thumbnail in ages
            &
            Originally posted by geepster775 View Post
            current genre of consist editors made the whole thumbnail thingy obsolete?
            Yep. obsolete...have not used them for quite a while....Bert, unless you use the thumbnails for a purpose other than the consist editor, perhaps give a thought to switching to the TSRE Consist Editor.
            Last edited by R. Steele; 03-19-2024, 10:40 AM.
            Cheers, Gerry
            "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
            It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
            Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
            Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Originally posted by bertwise View Post
              Hi there

One of the things I use Route Riter for is creating thumbnails of my rolling stock. Lately I have been getting a "Run-time error 9: Subscript out of range" error message when I ask Route Riter to make a thumbnail using .dds textures. Route Riter makes a proper thumbnail when there are .ace files present. I'm using Route Riter V 7.6.26.

I've upgraded Shape Viewer to handle .dds files and using it stand-alone, it has no problem opening the .s file. Conbuilder V 2.4.6 is also able to create a thumbnail using .dds textures.

Is it possible to update the version of Shape Viewer that Route Riter uses in order to handle .dds textures?

Thanks

Bert​
              ConBuilder is the only program that requires the Thumbnails.
              Using Wagons with DDS means you are running in ORTS.
              Soon you will download and run wagons with Include files.
              ConBuilder cannot handle Include files.
              DUMP ConBuilder and use the TSRE Consist Editor.
              Thumbnail problem solved.
              Charles

Comment

Working...
              X