X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metro-North Park Avenue Viaduct Replacement Time Lapse -- First Segment

https://youtu.be/V6GmRhFydH4 Getting sentimental .Plus showing my age.. I remember seeing the New York Central and New Haven Stainless Steel Fleet running up there. Don't forget the New Haven FL9s.

That sort of looks like a repurposed container crane...
    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by eric View Post
      That sort of looks like a repurposed container crane.
      Yeah, I was wondering if that crane was repurposed for the job. I saw a comment from someone from Norway posting that they could do the job faster in Norway --- 48 hours --- the time lapse obscures the actual job time.

Someone else posted it actually took around 40 hours to do the work...on that section I suppose.
      Cheers, Gerry
      "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
      It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
      Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
      Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Originally posted by eric View Post
        That sort of looks like a repurposed container crane...
        As someone who has spent a great deal of time around Mi-Jack cranes, both moving intermodal containers around, and delivering to Mi-Jack itself, its surprising a VERY versatile design. The basic crane design is generic across all their models with interchangeable attachments for different jobs. I know that they use them a LOT for road projects here in northern Illinois and NW Indiana. Then again, Mi-Jack is based just down the road and across the border from me in Hazel Crest, IL.
        Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footsteps on the moon..

--Josh--

Comment

Working...
        X