Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scale Factor Values for Shape File Manager

Mornin' Fellers,

I'm still working on the Pokey2 project, and I want to resize a few vegetation shapes. I have done this to a few files in the past but can't remember the scaling values to increase/decrease the size by 50% and 100%. Can anyone help with these numbers?

Thanks
    Kenny

A scale factor of 1.5 will increase the size to 150% (one and a half) of the original size.
    A scale factor of 2.0 will increase the size to 200% (double) of the original size.
    A scale factor of 0.5 will decrease the size to 50% (one half) of the original size.

Comment

Originally posted by uli2 View Post
      A scale factor of 1.5 will increase the size to 150% (one and a half) of the original size.
      A scale factor of 2.0 will increase the size to 200% (double) of the original size.
      A scale factor of 0.5 will decrease the size to 50% (one half) of the original size.
      Thank you. That works.

Comment

Would you guys mind elaborating a little further. I can't get Shape Manager 2.5 from Elvas because I am new and don't have enough forum posts. I successfully went into "Forests" and changed the scale on some vegetation there, but can you tell me which file to use to edit scale on building shapes (I am thinking it is all those little numbers in the SD file), and if so, what each of those represent and which ones to edit for scale?
        Thanks
        Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dlfrenchmd View Post
          Would you guys mind elaborating a little further. I can't get Shape Manager 2.5 from Elvas because I am new and don't have enough forum posts. I successfully went into "Forests" and changed the scale on some vegetation there, but can you tell me which file to use to edit scale on building shapes (I am thinking it is all those little numbers in the SD file), and if so, what each of those represent and which ones to edit for scale?
          Thanks
          Dan
          There should be SFM here in the library. When using it there's a little box checked to update the SD file. I've created a folder "shapes in the folder that contains Shape File Manager. Copy the shape and SD into that folder and work with it there. KEEP THE ORIGINAL .s and .sd somewhere.

Comment

Working...
          X