Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Iron Ore/LS&I route noob help

Collapse
This thread is discussing the following file:

MLT Michigan Iron Ore

File date: 2014-03-17 19:00:00
Downloads: 0

>> Download Now <<

This thread is discussing the following file:

MLT Michigan Iron Ore

File date: 2014-03-17 19:00:00
Downloads: 0

>> Download Now <<

This thread is discussing the following file:

MLT Michigan Iron Ore

File date: 2014-03-17 19:00:00
Downloads: 0

>> Download Now <<

This thread is discussing the following file:

MLT Michigan Iron Ore

File date: 2014-03-17 19:00:00
Downloads: 0

>> Download Now <<

This thread is discussing the following file:

MLT Michigan Iron Ore

File date: 2014-03-17 19:00:00
Downloads: 0

>> Download Now <<

This thread is discussing the following file:

MLT Michigan Iron Ore

File date: 2014-03-17 19:00:00
Downloads: 0

>> Download Now <<

X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Michigan Iron Ore/LS&I route noob help

    I've got the LS&I route from MapleLeafTracks that a few nice people here had suggested.

    I'm trying to run the first activity LS&I dock Job

    There are two engines and they're crawling at notch 8 as if they've got handbrakes on but they do not appear to have handbrakes on as verified by clicking the Engine in the Train Operations / Car Operation Menu (F9, then Click on 0-0)

    What am I doing wrong that's keeping these from moving?
    Last edited by TrainSimJack; 03-18-2024, 06:37 PM.

    #2
    Retainers might be set. Very common feature on older stock.

    Try Ctrl-[ to release and Ctrl-] to set.

    Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

    If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

    Comment


      #3
      I am running now, notch 1 and moving at 10km/h.
      I am in manual mode.

      Comment


        #4
        That activity uses GE locomotives. A common fault with MSTS era GE locomotives is the maxpower line in the .eng file. Check if maxpower is given in kW and not kN. This could explain the low speed.

        Search for MaxPower in the .eng file

        Eg. mine on the LS&I_C30-7_3071 reads:
        MaxPower ( 2235kW )

        Comment


          #5
          Thanks Guys, I will try these out after work today.

          Comment


            #6
            Had the same problem with those and other early GEs, and even a few other engines. All using kN instead of kW in the MaxPower line. Just spent 3 hours reviewing my entire collection and fixed all the engines I found with kN, (more than I thought I'd find ) and some where in their day considered the state of the art by reliable creators. I used ConBuilder since it shows engine power ratings and so easily picked out the kNs to fix.
            Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
            It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by TrainSimJack View Post
              Thanks Guys, I will try these out after work today.


              If you were really dedicated to the game, you'd try these *at* work.

              If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by eric View Post
                Retainers might be set. Very common feature on older stock.

                Try Ctrl-[ to release and Ctrl-] to set.

                Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
                Good to know about, did not seem to make a difference, but I am sure it will come in handy.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by brama View Post
                  That activity uses GE locomotives. A common fault with MSTS era GE locomotives is the maxpower line in the .eng file. Check if maxpower is given in kW and not kN. This could explain the low speed.

                  Search for MaxPower in the .eng file

                  Eg. mine on the LS&I_C30-7_3071 reads:
                  MaxPower ( 2235kW )
                  Thanks and to be clear, mine looked as if it read kN, so iI changed it to kW - is that in line with expectations?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by oper190 View Post
                    Had the same problem with those and other early GEs, and even a few other engines. All using kN instead of kW in the MaxPower line. Just spent 3 hours reviewing my entire collection and fixed all the engines I found with kN, (more than I thought I'd find ) and some where in their day considered the state of the art by reliable creators. I used ConBuilder since it shows engine power ratings and so easily picked out the kNs to fix.
                    Thanks! I switched from kN to kW and it seemed greatly improved!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X