X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contents of GMO payware SP_Pack1

Doing some housecleaning, and I have a GM&O payware file entitled SP_Pack1. I've lost the password (not bad, 1 loss out of some dozen). Have tried various internet searches in an attempt to open the file but no luck.

Can anyone tell me the file names of it's content. Want to see if by luck, I extracted the .zip file contents when I purchased it.

Thanks.

You sure it's not this?

Comment

I believe yellowdog is correct, that's a Diesels West pack released for the activities in the West Colton Route. I've got some of the GM&O stuff and cannot remember them having an SP Pack1.
      Cheers, Gerry
      "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
      It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
      Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
      Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

GM&O simulations had a SP Pack. I do remember it having SD40s and GP35s from the screenshots I was able to gleam way back in the day. I can't confirm anything via the Wayback Machine at the moment though.

Edit: Doing some digging, it seems the pack had a GP35, SD35, SD40 and SD45.
        Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
        Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Comment

Originally posted by SD40-2 View Post
          GM&O simulations had a SP Pack.
          Learn something new all the time. He --- Paul Fowler ( painting by Greg Davies ) made some excellent models...the best I had ever seen at the time, I really don't think they have been surpassed.
          Cheers, Gerry
          "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
          It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
          Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
          Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Originally posted by ckawahara View Post
            Can anyone tell me the file names of it's content. Want to see if by luck, I extracted the .zip file contents when I purchased it.
            The file names of the SP 4-Pack by Paul Fowler are:
            SP6575.eng/SP6575 (GP35)
            SP6916.eng/SP6916 (SD35)
            SP8452.eng/SP8452 (SD40)
            SP8826.eng/SP8826 (SD45)

There was also an SSW SD45 4-Pack (#8972, #9052, #9066, #9155) by Paul Fowler.

Comment

With some additional info, it seems that the file SP_Pack1.zip is likely not one from GM&O. GM&O had rather lengthly file names. It's likely that I put the file in the incorrect folder. Just whose file it is, I haven't the foggiest guess. Also no not think this is a route, but some Southern Pacific rollingstock, it's only 185 mB.

Comment

I still think SP_Pack1 is Diesels West. I have it updated as SP_Pack1-v1.5 and again as SP_PACK1_ORupdate

Comment

You might be correct6 about it being from DW. I found an email from DW referencing four such packs as park of the releases that supplemented the 3DTS West Colton release. Now if I find the email that went with the file.

Don't recall that files were password protected. More digging required.

Edit: Located the DW file. Now do not think it's a DW one. The file names do not match and my content is not in a password protected .zip format.

A lost cause.
                  Last edited by ckawahara; 07-10-2024, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X