Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corrected Bin Download links

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Corrected Bin Download links

    The Download links at the Bin web site at http://mstsbin.uktrainsim.com
    used to use a pass through counter at http://www.blueboard.cz/
    but http://www.blueboard.cz/ is no longer an active web site.

    To download the "Stable release 1.7.051922" use this URL:


    To download the "Work rel. 1.8.052113" use this URL:


    To download the "New Screens & Widgets" use this URL:
    http://mstsbin.uktrainsim.com/data/Setup MSTS_SW.exe

    To find information about MSTS Bin still go to http://mstsbin.uktrainsim.com
    However do not expect any of the download links to work.
    Last edited by crstagg; 11-16-2014, 05:16 PM.
    Charles

    #2
    All these URLs in my post above now give a 404 error. Began some time back when UKTrainSim had problems. There were promises to "fix", but that has not happened. About six weeks ago a work around was identified: see Atomic Systems - View Topic - Difficulty downloading the Bin Patch (Repaired 17/11/2014) - 1-1 (uktrainsim.com). Just tested the work around with no success, so it appears MSTS bin is not available at all. More reason to drop MSTS and use ORTS.
    Charles

    Comment


      #3
      Hi Gentlemen,
      Following other similar posts on this site, I have today sent an email to support at UKTS and will post the result as soon as I receive an answer.

      Cheers,
      Ged

      Comment


        #4
        Any good reason BIN isn't already in this file library?...
        If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by crstagg View Post
          All these URLs in my post above now give a 404 error. Began some time back when UKTrainSim had problems. There were promises to "fix", but that has not happened. About six weeks ago a work around was identified: see Atomic Systems - View Topic - Difficulty downloading the Bin Patch (Repaired 17/11/2014) - 1-1 (uktrainsim.com). Just tested the work around with no success, so it appears MSTS bin is not available at all. More reason to drop MSTS and use ORTS.
          Some of us still prefer MSTS,having tried ORTS several times and despite the limitations if the former find it gives a better experience,especially as those who created ORTS do not seem open to making changes which would make it better e.g view wise.I know the problems with MSTS but can cope with them.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by ragtimer View Post
            Some of us still prefer MSTS,having tried ORTS several times and despite the limitations if the former find it gives a better experience,especially as those who created ORTS do not seem open to making changes which would make it better e.g view wise.I know the problems with MSTS but can cope with them.

            Pssst..... Camera views were MSTS-ized awhile back, not that XP clingers-on would know, now that OR development has technologically progressed beyond XP as a suitable OS. But feel free to chronically blame development for anything else that tickles your fancy.

            Every day I praise the lord that the MSTS diversion is still available for those road-blocky stubborn KISSy folk that ORTS would never want on their user payroll anyway. The volume of regressive demands would drive some devs to quit.
            Last edited by geepster775; 12-29-2020, 08:31 AM.
            My Open Rails videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClc...1kBPO2A/videos

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by ragtimer View Post
              Some of us still prefer MSTS,having tried ORTS several times and despite the limitations if the former find it gives a better experience,especially as those who created ORTS do not seem open to making changes which would make it better e.g view wise.I know the problems with MSTS but can cope with them.
              Then my post should be considered as a reminder that you need to place copies of your D/Ls of Bin in a safe place.
              Charles

              Comment


                #8
                https://msts.steam4me.net/MSTS_Updates/index.html. I always got it here, download at the bottom of the page
                Jim

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by hiball 3985 View Post
                  https://msts.steam4me.net/MSTS_Updates/index.html. I always got it here, download at the bottom of the page
                  If you are referring to the download pointer at the end of this:
                  Why Do I Need This Version 1.4 Web-Update

                  Three reasons:
                  1. You have ANY version and you want to run MSTS-Bin.

                  That URL results in a 404 error also. And the downloads at that bottom of the page are for MSTS updates NOT MSTS-bin.
                  Charles

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by hiball 3985 View Post
                    https://msts.steam4me.net/MSTS_Updates/index.html. I always got it here, download at the bottom of the page

                    If you are referring to the download pointer at the end of this:
                    Why Do I Need This Version 1.4 Web-Update

                    Three reasons:
                    1. ---
                    2. ---
                    3. You have ANY version and you want to run MSTS-Bin.



                    That URL results in a 404 error also. And the downloads at that bottom of the page are for MSTS updates NOT MSTS-bin.

                    AND the D/L in the section titled
                    Important Add-Ons You Should Install


                    in the Steam4Me MSTS installation instructions for Windows 7+ results in a 404 error also.
                    Last edited by crstagg; 12-29-2020, 09:45 AM.
                    Charles

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Yep 404, sorry it use to work, don't know what happened.
                      Jim

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Hi All,
                        I've just discovered that an older version of the Bin Patch is available from :- http://mononrr.com/downloads/route/m...e-download.htm
                        Scroll down the page and click on MSTS Downloads, then on Patch 1.7.022420 NOTE : The actual patch is v1.7.102222

                        Cheers,
                        Ged

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Guys,

                          A quick email to UKTS might clear up the download issues.

                          I will get in contact with them ASAP.

                          Robert

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by NW 2156 View Post
                            Guys,

                            A quick email to UKTS might clear up the download issues.

                            I will get in contact with them ASAP.

                            Robert
                            You will be #3. Ged did 3 days ago. I did yesterday. NO answers.

                            And FYI they were notified in Nov also.
                            Charles

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I think that the problem lies in the fact that Bin was not hosted at UKtrainsim, but had its own website in CZ territory which is now defunct. UKTS was nothing but a clickthrough.
                              Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X