X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#4 view changed

I just installed the London-Port Stanely route (excellent by the way,IHO)...when using the #4 view I am able to move the camera with the arrow keys, this is great!! can this be done for other routes? Is there possibly a file in this route that could be used to change other routes?
    Jim

Read http://msts-trains.tripod.com/cameraangles.htm

To get this camera for your other routes: copy camcfg.dat from your LPS\Global folder to your MSTS\Global folder.

There are also some extra camera's for MSTS in the download section, but reading the link above give you a great help to add some changes to the camera by yourself.

Comment

Thank you Rob, I'll try the camcfg.dat first, don't want to get in over my head yet..

Jim
      Jim

Comment

If you want an even better camera. Get the Yardcam modifier program that can install yard cams into any route you choose. It's in the file library under utilities.

With the yard cam, it will even anable you to "fly" anywhere in the route and angle the camera to any position you choose. Independent of where the train is. So you can even position yourself looking like a rail fan and take shots of your train as it passes.

There are numerous times that I find this cam way more flexible than the #4 view cam. Too many times for me to say. Oh, and it does work with BIN as I do use that.
        Edwin
        sigpic

Comment

Sometimes life is good..I opened my global folder and there was a Bat. file from the Feather River Route to change the cam, couldn't have been easier

Thanks Edwin, I'll try the yard cam too
          Jim
          Jim

Comment

Wow, never seen that .bat file...

Rob

Comment

did you know you can do this looking at a car?
              I have returned to TSing and to TS.com.

Comment

I'm using the 1.7 version and with #4 I can get no movement. Also I asked in another post if there was a way to change the wait time before it changes to another view. I would like to see the caboose go by.....

Help

Regards
                Jib01
                sigpic
                I want to thank all the developers and
                addon people for the work they do.
                I appreciate your efforts. Great Work !!!

Comment

Still running the default cam? Install another one from the library. Then press Ctrl-Shift-9.

Comment

Just the Ctrl-Shift-9 did the trick but it still does not allow me to wait for the train to go by before changing positions....

Regards
                    Jib01
                    sigpic

Comment

Using the latest MSTS bin should do so. It works with me.

Comment

MSTSPatch 1.7.102222 New #4 Camera View

Originally posted by jib01 View Post
                        I'm using the 1.7 version and with #4 I can get no movement. .....snip....
                        Help
                        Regards
                        Jib01
                        Brandon, there are twelve (12) versions that begin with 1.7

Not all of those versions support the new #4 camera. Beginning with MSTSPatch 1.7.0929... is the one that lets the entire train pass the camera.

So which of the twelve versions are you running?
                        Last edited by Vince; 08-03-2008, 02:09 PM.
                        ............Vince ..............
                        ...... Author NECv4 .......
                        .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
                        ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
                        "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
                        the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
                        I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Comment

Patch 1.7.051922.exe

Is what I am using. I thought this and the beta 1.8 were the only ones....

Regards
                          Jib01
                          sigpic

Comment

MSTSPatch 1.7.102222 New #4 Camera View

Originally posted by jib01 View Post
                            Patch 1.7.051922.exe
                            Is what I am using. I thought this and the beta 1.8 were the only ones....
                            Regards
                            Jib01
                            After all this back and forth have you ever gone to the Bin site and examined the verbage on all the Bin versions?
                            The explaination for ALL your questions is right there.
                            Take some time, 5 to 10 minutes to go to the site download page and read the explainations. It really helps you know.

Here is a condensed version of what is there but dont take this as the explaination; YOU need to go to the site and read and understand what is posted there.
                            You missed about 8 versions of 1.7.xxxxx there;

Clipped from the Bin site:
                            1.7.0519 Stable version (Your version.) This version has NO cam 4 view inprovement
                            1.7.0929 First release for the Cam 4 improvement.
                            1.7.1022 The version I am using.
                            1.8.0521 The latest version.

The patch YOU are using DOES NOT support the view you want.

I'll say it again:

Beginning with MSTSPatch 1.7.0929... the new camera view is enabled.

Good luck.
                            ............Vince ..............
                            ...... Author NECv4 .......
                            .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
                            ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
                            "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
                            the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
                            I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Comment

Try this!
                              With #4 view, this is the only way I can watch the caboose if my train is real long. When in #4 view as the train passes, press Ctrl+ left or right arrow to change which car your view is set on. Dont get too ahead of yourself b/c if you go past a certain distance, your viewpoint will change so go about 7 or so at a time and wait for them to pass before going more. Also, if you wait until the car your view is set on gets too far away from view, it will change to another viewpoint.
                              Last edited by johnharold69; 08-03-2008, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X