X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DW Tunnel Motor

For those that thought they looked to clean. Run them up and down Tehachapi or Cascades as trailing units for a little while and make sure you have the sanders on.

Steve

You should DEFINALTELY send that to Scott. I know he would let those be released.

Comment

Originally posted by snootnose View Post
      You should DEFINALTELY send that to Scott. I know he would let those be released.
      Agreed, that is an amazing job you did on those, Steve!
      Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show
      sigpic

Comment

Why not up it to the F/L?

Why sent them to Scott instead of upping at the File Library? Just inquiring minds wanted to know. The reason I asked, is since the "customer" already paid for it and the "customer" can do what they want with that model, like repainting, weathering, and simple detailing, etc. People buying Streamlines stuff and they also do a lot of editing and weathering and such, then they up it to the File Library.. That I dont understand...

I am not there to just start a flame war.. I am just wondering..

Thanks
        Dave

Last edited by dedwa15237; 04-05-2010, 09:42 AM. Reason: addenium
        Dave Edwards

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Scott's repaint policy is more strict than SLI's, stating that repaints on DW units can only be uploaded to DW, no where else.

Comment

One heque of a good weathering job there Steve. Impressive.

Neil
            Last edited by plainsman; 04-06-2010, 01:13 PM.
            Neil

Chicago Railroading Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Trainguy14 View Post
              Scott's repaint policy is more strict than SLI's, stating that repaints on DW units can only be uploaded to DW, no where else.
              weathering is NOT a repaint

Comment

Exactly!!!

Originally posted by trainman_47 View Post

Exactly.. thats my point right there... Like I said on my previous message.. weathering, simple detailing (like rust, mud, oil, etc) and such.. That I dont understand. If you are to "repaint" an SP SD40T-2 to G&W paint (as a sample).. thats a different story..

Yes Steve.. very impressive job on those SP units... Wish theres more SSW Tunnelmotors out there too..
                Last edited by dedwa15237; 04-05-2010, 11:55 AM.
                Dave Edwards

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Holy Batman! You should do all the Tunnel Motors like that! I love it!
                  sigpic
                  http://www.facebook.com/ArkansasFoamer
                  https://www.youtube.com/ColdSteelRails

Comment

Originally posted by trainman_47 View Post
                    But they are still SCOTT'S textures. Another thing is if you were an active DW contributor you would know of the advantages of having Scott see what you are doing.

I personally don't have a problem with Scott's policy because I know the reasons behind it. If other payware vendors were to have the same repaint policy and MAINTAINED the releasing of the repaints like Scott does I wouldn't have a problem with it with them either.
                    Last edited by snootnose; 04-05-2010, 12:15 PM.

Comment

I fully agree. I haven't purchased anything from Scott, however I did grab some of the freeware equipment of his, and I have to say. I do NOT see his stuff get passed around like I see with MLT/SLI products. I do believe that is because Scott himself stand 100% with his policy and doesn't allow people to take advantage of him like others have with other companies.

Anyways. I really like the weathering details, does make it SP style now.

Comment

But they are still SCOTT'S textures. Another thing is if you were an active DW contributor you would know of the advantages of having Scott see what you are doing.

I personally don't have a problem with Scott's policy because I know the reasons behind it. If other payware vendors were to have the same repaint policy and MAINTAINED the releasing of the repaints like Scott does I wouldn't have a problem with it with them either.
                        Are there more repaints available on the DW site than what appears on the User Repaints or Special Additions pages? I've seen some pretty nice screens of DW repaints (especially Luke's bethgons at BCLW) but nothing's been added to those pages in quite awhile. I'm not sure what's so bad about the MLT or SLI policy - thanks to the talented folks who've done repaints on them I've got a greater variety in my trainset folder.

Comment

Yea i wish more people would repaint DW Stuff and post it on DW Site.
                          sigpic

Like us on Facebook BN Productions and on youtube to see train simulator videos.
                          https://www.facebook.com/BNProuctions/ https://www.youtube.com/c/BNSF650

Comment

Some have tried.

sigpic

Comment

I think Scott has a higher standard than what some people have done with SLI repaints.
                              Work Safe play hard

Comment

Working...
                              X