X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"CN Swoosh" C40-8W's

So how long until we see some of these ex-BNSF units in CN patch?

Andrew

Hey you know what? I was thinking about making some just the other day don't know if anyone else would like to see them painted in what they will look like when they are finally painted in CN colour's
    sigpic

Comment

I think that would be neat to see modelled. Also make a few of them in BNSF scheme with the CN markings on them waiting to be painted that's be cool too.
      Old railfans never truly die. They Just lose track.

Comment

Most of them are in Santa Fe Warbonnet paint.. These are lease return units.. Same thing as ex ATSF B40-8W's they also have been returned to GE.. (the 2nd batch 523-549 series) and 3 of them has been sold to the Providence and Worcester..
        Dave Edwards

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Yeah it would be nice to see a few painted in the CN patch and CN colours. I've got a photo of 2156, but it sad to see a Warbonnet in that state. I could make some in the next few days if people want to see them i will make some.
          sigpic

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

23 of them on the move...
            I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Comment

Wow! Thanks for the link, Frank. Those sure are some interesting patch jobs.

Comment

I was so happy when i cought that..lol
                sigpic

Like us on Facebook BN Productions and on youtube to see train simulator videos.
                https://www.facebook.com/BNProuctions/ https://www.youtube.com/c/BNSF650

Comment

It was a damn nice catch, Erik....they have yet to show up here...
                  I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Comment

Its gonna be a little while longer...

I think CN is running them from Memphis directly to CN's Woodcrest ILL shops to be set up for service, get them inspected and possibly paint em right away. They wont release them to service just like that.. They have been in storage since recession so thats like almost 6-8 months. Those Woodcrest boys are going to be busy getting them in service. they need to install new digital radios, EOT's, lube changing, and the list goes and goes.. so dont be seeing them going to work in a snap..

Dave

Originally posted by frankoburns View Post
                    It was a damn nice catch, Erik....they have yet to show up here...
                    Dave Edwards

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by BNSFSD70ace View Post
                      Yeah it would be nice to see a few painted in the CN patch and CN colours. I've got a photo of 2156, but it sad to see a Warbonnet in that state. I could make some in the next few days if people want to see them i will make some.
                      I would love to see some made. =)
                      Old railfans never truly die. They Just lose track.

Comment

Then there's also this:

Comment

I'll be more then happy to add this to my "ToDo" list but I need to know if anyone has already started on them
                          Tim Collier
                          www.BCLW.ca Repainter

Comment

Originally posted by dedwa15237 View Post
                            They wont release them to service just like that.. They have been in storage since recession so thats like almost 6-8 months.
                            Dave

I agree that they will get CN paint before entering service (so whats the purpose of doing a swoosh CN, I dunno).

I'd say in storage for 2 years, not 6 mos. Recession has been going on since 2008.

Comment

Either way the enter service:
                              Tim Collier
                              www.BCLW.ca Repainter

Comment

Working...
                              X