X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KLW Repaint policy

Hello all, I made a repaint of some Coaster bombardiers, and I went to the readme to notify the distributer, however there is only the klw readme (the Coaster cars were a repaint of klw's tri rail bombardiers). All I know is that they were made by Josh Clark. Any help owuld be appreciated. Thank You!!
    "Long live the FECR!"

Originally posted by sandrasimms13 View Post
    Hello all, I made a repaint of some Coaster bombardiers, and I went to the readme to notify the distributer, however there is only the klw readme (the Coaster cars were a repaint of klw's tri rail bombardiers). All I know is that they were made by Josh Clark. Any help owuld be appreciated. Thank You!!
    They were painted by Josh Clark..They were "made" by KLW...That is the readme and EULA terms you must follow. If it requires permission from the author to re-distribute the file, KLW must give it.
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Comment

From the EULA page:

"RESKINNING:
 Reskinners may release complete, freeware reskins of KLW locomotives to the TrainSim.com file library, provided the original credits to the ORIGINAL BASE MODEL (not the credits from another reskin) are left 100% intact. No permission is required from KLW to do so, but please remember to follow the rules listed in this document. No credits section = no release. 
All authors' rights, plus additional licensing in regards to third-party content included in KLW addons must be respected in the same fashion as above."
      Last edited by BNSF1959; 09-20-2014, 08:53 AM.
      MSTS-Roundhouse (Technical Difficulties, Please Stand By)

Open Rails and MSTS blog

Comment

Well ok thank you
        "Long live the FECR!"

Comment

Since I rarely have time to answer hobby emails anymore, I left it very free and open-ended, as Eric pointed out.

In short, so long as you keep the original credits intact, along with any additional credits from further add-on modifications (thus ensuring that everyone who created and contributed to the original source files are noted for their contributions), you are free to release any freeware modification you wish.

-Kurt
          sigpic

Comment

Thank you Kurt for clearing this up for everyone. I've sticky and locked this thread for all to see.
            Last edited by BNSF1959; 09-20-2014, 08:55 AM.
            sigpic
            My Facebook Page
            Rails of the World Forum
            Mophouse-MLTDownloads Froum

Comment

Working...
            X