X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear friends,

I am happy to inform you that the MRL EMD SD70ACe 4407 'Veterans' unit has been uploaded to the Files library. I apologize for the two-and-a-half-month delay, as I experienced problems with the uploader.
    Borislav
    sigpic

Comment

downloaded the Veteran's unit...followed instructions modifying and saving the .s file. copy the textures into the folder.....In Open rails all I get is a grey locomotive...in tsre5 CE I get a "black" locomotive. Tried all three texture files with same result. any clue what I did wrong??

amtrak115

Comment

Can you provide a screenshot of the edited section of the shape file?
        Borislav
        sigpic

Comment

here's the edited .s file

Here's the edited mrl_sd70ace_4407.s
          Attached Files

Comment

I can barely see anything here, but if I see it correctly, the problem is the file extension. The locomotive's A and B textures are in .ace format, not .dds.
            Borislav
            sigpic

Comment

here it is...zoomed in......
              Attached Files

Comment

Yes, you got the format wrong! The A and B textures have to end with .ace, not .dds.
                Borislav
                sigpic

Comment

Weren't they .dds to begin with? Why the change?
                  My Open Rails videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClc...1kBPO2A/videos

Comment

never mind...figured it out....you even told me.......it was the file extensions in the .s file. Normally I don't change the extensions....and I looked at the file 3/4 times....before I saw...".dds" as opposed to ".ace".....

btw...nice loco.....

thanks for the loco and responses to my stupid questions.....

bang

bang

bang....(that's my head banging on the table)....

always check the log file.....always check the log file.....always check the log file

Comment

Originally posted by geepster775 View Post
                      Weren't they .dds to begin with? Why the change?
                      I have been experiencing a lot of problems with .dds textures. My BNSF 25th Anniversary units, for example, have caused problems for many. I have no idea why, so I just got back to using .ace files. I've increased the resolution, so I don't think there is much difference quality-wise.
                      Borislav
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by amtrak115 View Post
                        never mind...figured it out....you even told me.......it was the file extensions in the .s file. Normally I don't change the extensions....and I looked at the file 3/4 times....before I saw...".dds" as opposed to ".ace".....

btw...nice loco.....

thanks for the loco and responses to my stupid questions.....

bang

bang

bang....(that's my head banging on the table)....

always check the log file.....always check the log file.....always check the log file
                        No problem at all, my friend! You would be surprised at the stupid mistakes that I sometimes make
                        Borislav
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X