Only viewable if you're a logged in user
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Andrew, very nice Progressive Rail unit.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Comment

Hi, guys!

It's been rather quiet two and a half months from me. Many things happened, most of them not very good, so I spent a lot of time away from my computer. During this time I did make some progress on the UP 1111 unit, but given the fact that the paint job is a bit complicated, it's not yet finished. I can't say anything about the release date, but it will be finished and released.

In the meantime, to bridge the gap, I've started working on VTR SD70-M2's. These are much easier to do, so they are going to be released soon.

I am also working on fixing up some minor errors in previous models.

Borislav
      sigpic

Comment

Borislav,
        Very nice work, I'm looking forward to when you release these units , great job and thanks for sharing.
        Tim

Comment

Looking real good, Borislav - thanks very much!
          Neil

Chicago Railroading Fan

Comment

Hello, don't mean to be a discourage bug, but I hope you are aware the VTR units have already been made by Maxwell Brisben. I don't remember if he officially released them on here, however I could maybe see if they could become available?

I have shared several pictures of them over the past few years.

In fact.. one of the units, trailing in a large VTR consist.

-Shawn K-
            Derby Rail Shops
            American Rail & Industry, proud owners of:
            WMRC, KERC and BERC.

Comment

Originally posted by CSRX View Post
              Hello, don't mean to be a discourage bug, but I hope you are aware the VTR units have already been made by Maxwell Brisben. I don't remember if he officially released them on here, however I could maybe see if they could become available?

I have shared several pictures of them over the past few years.

In fact.. one of the units, trailing in a large VTR consist.

https://imgur.com/VOR7uN3
              They don't show up in the library, but even if they did I would still release my version. It's always better to have more options than less. Right?
              Borislav
              sigpic

Comment

The 1111 looks ok but can not tell if your using black or grey. If Grey it appears way too dark . Its all depended on how the sun hits the unit .
                By the time the transfer job had cleared the way, some sun was finding its way through the cloud cover that had dominated the morning. I can't say I've ever seen UP business cars wading through high water before. What better way to illustrate the Union Pacific Employee's Unit than to have two in the picture responding to an issue? The flooding Mighty Mo which has contributed to more than its fair share of problems for the railroads this year provides the backdrop.
                Todd
                Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

Comment

Originally posted by =FI=Ghost View Post
                  They don't show up in the library, but even if they did I would still release my version. It's always better to have more options than less. Right?
                  Nope, wasn't meaning to discourage and stop you. Was just stating. I work with the VTR units every single day, so if you need references and advice, such as the trucks being silver versus solid black, let me know, I am willing to help with reference photos and what not. I got appropriate cab shots as well if desired.

Photo from a friend of myself behind the controls of 431 on a heavy train. I think we were just about 6000 tons over the GMRC that day, had both 431, 432, and two or three small four axles in between them.

-Shawn K-
                  Derby Rail Shops
                  WMRC, KERC and BERC.

Comment

Nice photo Shawn!
                    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
                    Southern Serves the South

Comment

Originally posted by CSRX View Post
                      Nope, wasn't meaning to discourage and stop you. Was just stating. I work with the VTR units every single day, so if you need references and advice, such as the trucks being silver versus solid black, let me know, I am willing to help with reference photos and what not. I got appropriate cab shots as well if desired.

Photo from a friend of myself behind the controls of 431 on a heavy train. I think we were just about 6000 tons over the GMRC that day, had both 431, 432, and two or three small four axles in between them.

Worry not, my friend! While I don't need any new photos of these locomotives at the moment, the cab photos would be nice. I made a 2d photorealistic cab for SD70ACe/M-2 locomotives several years ago, and I've been wanting to upgrade it to ORTS standard for quite a time. The problem is that I haven't been able to find a suitable photo for the job. If you could help me with this one it would mean a lot. I've written a guide on the type of photos that I need for a cab project, so if you are interested, let me know.
                      Borislav
                      sigpic

Comment

Worry not, my friend! While I don't need any new photos of these locomotives at the moment, the cab photos would be nice. I made a 2d photorealistic cab for SD70ACe/M-2 locomotives several years ago, and I've been wanting to upgrade it to ORTS standard for quite a time. The problem is that I haven't been able to find a suitable photo for the job. If you could help me with this one it would mean a lot. I've written a guide on the type of photos that I need for a cab project, so if you are interested, let me know.
                        I'll send you a PM, I got photos of both the 431 and 432 cab wise, as they are both different. 431's cab is still the brown colored interior for the dash and controls, while the 432 are painted black. nose views are different too. You'll see what I mean when I send you the images to work with.
                        -Shawn K-
                        Derby Rail Shops
                        WMRC, KERC and BERC.

Comment

Almost there:

Borislav
                          sigpic

Comment

That VR 431 is amazing!!!!
                            Kevin Kelleher

Comment

Thank you very much, Jbtower!

Here's another shot:

Borislav
                              sigpic

Comment

Thank you very much, Jbtower!

Here's another shot:

Nice Job With these can't wait to Run Them By the Way What SLI Shape will i need?

Comment

Working...
                                X