Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it's been a month, but I hate to see such an informative thread go to the wayside, and I've been curios if there has been any more work on the locomotive? I hope you're still enjoying working on it!

Have a good one,
    Sam

Comment

Hi Sam,

Sorry for the late reply - just noticed your post... Yeah - thanks for asking... I'm stuck... I built the model with 3DC8... Unfortunately - we still have a lot of bugs with 8 and the developer has been MIA for about a month and a half... This is fairly normal as 3DC is not his full time gig and other things get his attention from time to time... In addition - Paul Gausden (Decapod - Shape Viewer fame) wrote many plug-ins that we use to work with steam locomotives in 3DC... They have some issues as well... He's usualy very responsive but he stated in his last post was he was busy with other projects and he would look at his issues when he could... He' been MIA for about as long... Understandably so - since he's not associated with 3DC and does all his work for free... I need to have a few of these issues fixed in 3DC before I can continue on my Consolidation... My Mountain is in the same boat - I need to finish LOD's on it and the current exporter is broken and won't export LOD's... LOL - one step forward - two back... I'm anxious to continue - so I'm working a couple smaller projects to keep my interest up... I painted up a slew of Larry Goss's boxcars and I'm working on a 50 ton USRA hopper in 3DC - LOL - which by the way - I won't be able to finish until 3DC is back on track...
      Last edited by scottb613; 04-26-2011, 06:10 PM.
      <a href=https://www.trainsim.com/forums/filedata/fetch?filedataid=80663&type=full title=thumb_80663.png >thumb_80663.png</a>​ My Blender Models

Comment

Ah, technology; can't live with it...can't live with it. I have your boxcars and they are wonderful! You do such great work, and it's a shame computer woes stall out projects after you've put so much talent and effort into them.

I wish you the best of luck in your 3DC endeavors (which I have no clue about),
        Sam

Comment

Hi Folks,

Back from the dead ??? Maybe - maybe not - I just had to finish one of these great steamers...

LOL - no jokes about how long it took - but - I think she's finally ready for upload... How could I not finish it - as it seems Derek (Elvas) has been turning out far more detailed models every few weeks or so - my hat's off to you - sir !!! Thanks for the inspiration...

Anyway countless hours of work - in the last week or so I totally redid just about all the textures - want her to appear "used" but in good repair... Just need to get some permissions - package it up - and - fix any issues that pop up...

Some older shots before the last round of updates... If I get some time - I'll try to get some new POVray shots because EVERYTHING looks better in POVray...

Railroad Photos organized by Engine Model, specializing in NE Pennsylvania

Railroad Photos organized by Engine Model, specializing in NE Pennsylvania

<a href=https://www.trainsim.com/forums/filedata/fetch?filedataid=80663&type=full title=thumb_80663.png >thumb_80663.png</a>​ My Blender Models

Comment

Holy cow! That's incredible! I'm glad you were able to finish this project. Congrats!
            Tyler

Comment

Indeed! Cogratulations are in order! I'd salute but alas, there is no salute emoticon. I'm looking forward to taking the throttle on the beast.

Comment

Thanks guys - one down and one to go... Hope to have it packaged up sometime this week...

Regards,
                Scott

Comment

Spectacular work, Scott.
                  If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Hi Eric,

Thanks - just a few issues came up with some of the folks testing it for me... Nothing major - just a little more work...

Comment

Nice locomotive! I'll download this one for sure.
                      Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
                      Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Comment

Looks amazing. One question. Does the cow catcher have an alpha or not? Just wondering.

Comment

Hi...

Cow catcher is alpha'd - it took me over a week to complete and probably was the most time consuming part of the entire project...

Regards,
                          Scott

Comment

Nice, it wouldn't matter either way... it's such a small part of the entire beast of a loco. Bet it looks like the rest of the loco. great

Comment

Just because everything looks better in POVray... The Rich S. special edition...

Comment

OhMyGosh!! I don't normally run steamers but you can bet your booty I'll run this baby!

What a magnificent model!! Scott, you are amazing
                                Larry Steiner
                                Grand Rapids, Michigan

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X