X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

567D3-T Sounds

With permission from Nick O'Dell, help from Josh Byers, Tom Mitchell, and John Means, we've assembled what has been needed for MSTS for years and years. No more will you run your GP30's with 645 sounds, you will now have proper GP30 sounds, with MLW's TrueRev sounds.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqDbrcTkSvk Enjoy the video preview made by JB.

I am looking forward to these.

Comment

I liked what I heard but the music seemed to have taken away a true feel. The music was a little overpowering to the diesel sounds. However from what I heard I download this product.

Comment

I have to second on the music. If someone is to demonstrate the actual sounds of the diesel engine. The music has got to go. Every sound has to be just the engine. This way we can actually hear what they really sound like without any other distracting sounds.
        Edwin
        sigpic

Comment

the reason I put music in there is so no one can steal the sounds, you can still hear the engine guys!
          sigpic

Comment

JB is right. We knew someone out there would try to steal them if posted on the internet without something under layered. If anyone is interested in hearing the full demo without the music, send me a pm!

Comment

Excellent. Yes, I have been running my GP30s (and GP35s) with turbo'd 645 sounds.

Could we get an exterior demo, possibly the music a *tad-bit lower. I understand your logic for the music, it's just a touch hard to clearly hear them in the current video.
              sigpic
              "My Life Is a Really Complicated Drinking Game"
              Check Out The Locomotive Airhorn Social Group!
              www.flickr.com/jeffreyramone

Comment

I'd love a 567!

Comment

Originally posted by norfolksouthernman View Post
                  the reason I put music in there is so no one can steal the sounds, you can still hear the engine guys!

That's a good reason. But you also have to remember that anyone can go out and record the sounds of the 567 and they still not be your sounds. The Southern museum down at Spencer NC has a GP30 with just that sound. Someone could record those sounds and post them as well.

Comment

I'll be up there in late July Claude so I'll see if I can get those folks to do it.
                    Last edited by westerngy; 06-21-2009, 11:10 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

I like it Anthony very much,please keep up the good work!After you ralease this pack is there any chance of a non turbo 567 pack for a GP9, F9 with the correct blower whine when your time allows?

thanks, dieselfumes

Comment

there's already one done, a very nice one, BLW made it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by norfolksouthernman View Post
                          I'll be up there in late July Claude so I'll see if I can get those jerks to do it.

I'm hoping no one would be that low to steal your work. But we know surely know how that can go. Too many times someone work has be stolen and and claimed by the thief. I think you'll be ok.

Comment

Yes the 567 is on my to do list. I currently have to get the following sounds off my camera. GEVO-12, FDL-16, and Caterpillar 8 Cyl engine used in GP20-C's heck if I know the designation LOL. Then I can go down to the MRHC and record our 1939 SW1 for 567 sounds. It's going to be testing my skills as the throttle isn't notched. I'd have to get it just right.

Comment

Okay, Anthony, I've already asked you in private, and now that you have gone behind my back, I'm stating it here. I had no intention for releasing these sounds into public. I told you outright I do not want them released. I told Nick O'Dell that I had no intention on releasing them when I cut and edited the different run and throttle-up/ throttle-down sounds. I'm telling you now, they are not to be released. End of discussion. I really don't like being rude or pushy, but you've left be no choice.
                              Thom
                              sigpic
                              Norfolk Southern: It looks like Darth Vader on rails to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X