X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"MC_Freightcar sounds"

Hi,..i need some help to get the "MC_Freightcar Sounds to work! It only works with the default cars,..not any that i add,...it has a "readme that tells you how to 'alias' the sounds to work with add-on cars but it dosen't work for the cars i add....these are the lines..Aliases--

Insert this for the non-flat axle alias--

Sound ( "..\\..\\MC.SND\\MC_Freight\\MC_Freight1.sms" )

Insert this for the flat axle alias--

Sound ( "..\\..\\MC.SND\\MC_Freight\\MC_Freight2.sms" )

Also included is a (Default_Overwrite.zip) which will overwrite the original default sounds
    as i said it only worked for the 'default' cars with the line... Sound ( "genfreightwag1.sms" ).....i'd really appreciate the help.

I tried to add Sound ( "genfreightwag1.sms" ) to my add-on cars but ...still no sound!

Thanks!..in advance

Tim

If it works for the default cars, then any car that you add ( "genfreightwag1.sms" )to should work also.
    If you use the alias ( "..\\..\\MC.SND\\MC_Freight\\MC_Freight1.sms" ) you need to have the MC.SND folder installed in your TRAINSET folder.
    Jim

Comment

Hi,..thanks for getting back...i agree with you it should work.. but it does not!....i have the MC_SND folder installed in my TRAINSET folder...i have other sounds "aliased' and they work out of the same MC_SND folder...but the MC_freight won't work!....do you have any other ideas?....can i modify the 'cars Wag. file to get it to work? Thanks!

Tim

Comment

The simple way to do it is to put the two sms files plus all the sound files into the main "Sound" folder and the "sound" line in the wagons reads:MC_Freight1 etc.You do not need to alias sound files,just put the sounds in the same folder as the sms files.

Comment

Are your sounds in the game options turned all the way up? If you alias it should look like this in you wag file.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	mc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	2171483
          Jim

Comment

Working...
          X