X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distorted Sound

I am trying to get my detectors to work but my sound in the RE is distorted and when I run the route there is no sound.
    This is what I did first of all I have a program called cool edit pro since I am a DJ. Anyway I recorded my voice and did the edit on it and saved as a wav file.. Then I followed step by step tutorial on placing it on my route. The top sentence is the result. Any help will be nice. Thanks

Rob aka DJ Rocky Roberts

I'm not familiar with route sounds, but what attributes does your sound have? 11025kHz? 176kbps? Mono?
    You would probably need to set up a .sms file with (I guess) a distance trigger playing one shot, with CabCam() activation and Ignore3d() set.
    If else fails, see how an existing route does it.

Comment

Distorted is a bit unusual for MSTS. Usually it's different pitches if Khz and mono/stereo aren't set properly. Distortion is usually a sign of VST/DX plug in effects and/or sound card issues. I'm not too familiar with Cool Edit, but does it allow for effects and/or mastering tools like limiting and EQ, etc? Sometimes if one converts 44.1k down to 11k, or mixes stereo to mono, the effects can really go haywire. Aside from MSTS, does these WAV's play well in Media Player or Clear Fi et al? Sounds like a DX issue possibly?

Comment

It might be because it has its own different rate number instead of 11025hp on Goldwave, I experienced the same problem when I tried making a custom whistle for Derek Miller's Frisco 1522 model

Comment

Working...
        X