Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Horn Pack Comming!

Collapse
Library File ID:
Highlight a file from the library you're discussing by entering the File ID number and clicking "Link Banner"
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Horn Pack Comming!

Hey all, just a quick heads up that a new horn pack wil be getting released soon. It will have a good sum of horns. I am in the process of modifying the horns. More to come later.

RE: New Horn Pack Comming!

What kinds?maybe BN?

Jeremy Smith West Plains,MO
    BNSF Thayer Subdivision MP317.4

Comment

Its not really centered aroun any railroad, its just a mixture of some of the best horns I have found. If you would like a BN horn pack, check out my S3K horn pack in the library.

Comment

Any chance of a good Metra horn?

Comment

FWIW I have quite a blast from a Metra cabcar going past me a couple years back when I was chasing the UP 3985, it's a full stereo digital hi-8 video-clip that was about 6 feet away when it let go. Should be good to convert since it has a few short blasts as well as a few longer ones to get all the onlookers attention. I can e-mail it if anyone can extract the sound bite.

Any takers?

SeanK97

Comment

I am quite happy to have a go at creating the horn sound.

What format can you email the recording in?

If you want to email me direct.

andrew.j2.knott@bt.com

Andy knott
            Bedford
            England

Comment

Woops double post, read below.

Comment

Could I possibly get that Metra horn? If I may, could I possibly have permission to put in the pack and upload it? BTW, how do you get sounds on to your comp and what do you use to record them. All I have is my JVC video camera. Email: NW_1218@yahoo.com

Comment

Sorry to get back to all of you so late, I have the ability to send it in MPEG-1 up thru MPEG-3. My current clip size is 34 meg (it's also 34 seconds long,) a bit too large for e-mail, so I am going to re-record it in MPEG-1 which should drop the video quality a bit, but the sound will still be good. Bear with me a bit, this might take a night or two especially with Turkey-day coming and we are out of town for the weekend. Any takers for MPEG-1???

SeanK97

seank97@hotmail.com

Comment

Okee-dokee, I got it! I clipped my clip to MPEG-1 and got the file size to 3.4meg. I am going to send it to those asking for it, so here it comes,...

E-mail me when you get it looped or if you need a better sample. Pardon the clipping on the end, it was a full blast on the horns and I was only 5-6 feet from the tracks and my poor Sony could take only so much volume before serious distortion occurred, but at least the previous blasts are of good quality.

If you want more, I also have some great close-up clips I can snail-mail of Pere-Marquette Berkshire 1225 with many whistle blasts from close proximity, I have many U.P. SD70's blowing their way down the racetrack outside of Chicago thru Elmhurst and more than that if I dig deeper. All of which are in Digital Hi-8 stereo.

Good luck! SeanK97

Comment

NW 1218,

My captures are all via my Sony Digital-8 Handycam model TRV130. It's a bit old (2yrs) but is quite a nice camera. I capture that to my computer via an ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 7500 64meg video capture card. Sound is my Creative Sound-blaster Live 5.1. I would love a better capture card (Pinnacle) and a real man-size video card, but the budget allowed this so I make do. As for MSTS gaming, it does fine, but other newer more demanding games will bring it to a crawl, but on the flip side it makes a heck of a TV-card and Capture card for the money.

Check your e-mail, I asked a question off-forum.

SeanK97

Comment

Tell me this, will it include Leslie Supertyfon S5Ts, and S3-Ls?

I love the S5Ts. Any K5LAs? Thanks-Jeffrey

Comment

S5Ts, S3Ls, and K5LAs will be included.

Comment

Live long and prosper my freind! You've made me very happy!-Jeffrey

Comment

Now avalible at www.freewebs.com/klwtrainsim is the KLW Horn Pack. Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                              X