Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Increasing the horn volume for the head out view.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increasing the horn volume for the head out view.

I have been trying to follow what the other guys have said about this and I think that the main problem is that all the in-the-cab sounds are basically too loud.

After reading many posts that said that one can only reduce the volume of various streams but not increase them by placing a "volume statement", I decided to reduce all the in-cab sounds drastically and then I can increase my speaker volume on my comp to the point where the head-out sound is respectable. Then, when one switches to the in-cab view, Mum, who is playing Pogo on the machine behind me, will nolonger fall of her chair.

Does this make sense to anyone???

RE: Increasing the horn volume for the head out view.

Absolutely!

MSTS made a woeful job with sound volumes.

As you point out, one way is to reduce the in-cab volumes to compensate for the lack of out-of-cab sound, but unfortunately you may find that other sounds (from rolling stock, sound areas, ... ) may now be too loud if you turn up your amplifier volume control. Following this approach may mean editing ALL volume statements within the simulation.

That is why in the generic diesel sound schemes I uploaded recently I used a combination of volume statements in the cab.sms and eng.sms files and wave editing to increase the volume of some sounds and decrease them for others.

Please try the schemes to see what you think of this approach.

Phil Skene

Comment

RE: Increasing the horn volume for the head out view.

Thanks, I'm on my way.

Me r r y X m a s........................

Comment

Working...
      X