X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With Changing Engine Sounds

Hello, I downloaded Dekosoft's CSX Super Pack, and I love it. Very nicely done.
    However, I wish to change the engine sounds (GM-EMD 645 E3) to the wonderful ones done by TS-Sounddesigner.

One would think that simply changing the .sms files would take care of this, but I do not want to lose the cab chatter sounds.

I tried simply taking the .wavs, and replacing the ones in the Dekosoft common, but the way they are written in the .sms files, the start sounds of the engine kept repeating, instead of the constant idle sounds.

I compared the .sms file of the engine starting up, and the Dekosoft, but I could not see a difference.
    How do I keep the sound of the engine starting up from repeating itself, and go into idle before notching up?
    Thanks!-Jeffrey

RE: Help With Changing Engine Sounds

FURX-
    Copy the lines for the CSX cab chatter sounds and the 645 SMS file and PM them to me, I can pretty quickly get them together and PM the lines back to you in the 645 file with the chatter.
    Bob

Comment

RE: Help With Changing Engine Sounds

Considering that I have most of the sounds aliased in the CSX Super Set I hope you know what you're doing when it comes to pointing the wavs in the sms file in the right direction.
      Regards,
      Dan Zollner - 3DTrains

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X