• Show
Clear All

You Bad Boy on the eye candy......lol
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed running this one.... Tennessee may be our new home, and this is close to where we're looking.
      If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Eric, I hope TN is your new home. For the first 24 years of my life it was my home, specifically, Nashville. You could do a lot worse. The area from roughly Crossville, east to the NC line is solid Republican if that matters, and more importantly the state is pretty conservative except for the universities. I graduated from Vanderbilt, Engineering, class of 1960, but the best engineering school is TN Tech. at Cookeville where my wife's grand-niece is now a Freshman. If I had not married a sweet lady whose daughter is rooted in Jacksonville, I would have moved to E. Tennessee when I retired. Elizabethton is a relatively small, nice community. One family that is close friends to us moved there last year. Another solid rail fan, though not a "simmer" lives in Tullahoma. I would say that the only draw back to east Tennessee is that air service is expensive & odd. None of the major carriers serve the area except through their puddle jumper subsidiaries. All the major carriers serve Nashville & Memphis. Amtrak, forget that, it only serves Memphis and perhaps another town or two in the far west end.

Jerry Sullivan

Comment

We are looking in Nemo, with lots of trees as neighbors. It's a stunning area up close.

The airline I'll retire from still serves Knoxville, but we are more 'hit the road' types.
          Last edited by eric; 02-15-2024, 12:45 PM.
          If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

My my, airline employee that likes trains, or well, train simulations. When I worked for the Southern, it was okay to be a airplane freak, but if they knew you were a railfan it was the kiss of death to your job. Claytor changed all that.

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by landnrailroader View Post
              My my, airline employee that likes trains, or well, train simulations. When I worked for the Southern, it was okay to be a airplane freak, but if they knew you were a railfan it was the kiss of death to your job. Claytor changed all that.

Jerry
              Nothing wrong with being a Train Freak working at an Airline.. It brings color to the job.. Especially when spending a lot of time looking at doors..

Comment

I prefer to think of myself as an overall transportation history enthusiast....

But we digress. The route. It's specatacular, and quite popular per the download counts...

Comment

Does anyone have the File ID in the download area? Searching Knoxville brought up 8 results.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Click thru to the bundle to get the necessary tracks.

Comment

Great looking route which I'm hoping someone will produce some activities for as that expertise is sadly beyond my paygrade.
                      Regards,

Nick

( boffin0_reprised on TikTok )

Cyberpower Desktop with AMD Ryzen 5 CPU. 16GB RAM. ATI AMD Radeon RX6700 12GB graphics. Windows 11 Home 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree....​

Comment

Originally posted by niknak View Post
                        Great looking route which I'm hoping someone will produce some activities for as that expertise is sadly beyond my paygrade.
                        I've gotten 2 of the 3 included activities to work. I haven't tried the 3rd one yet because there was more rolling stock to swap out, but I'm sure it should work, too. The activity for the old version should also work (File ID 87211) since nothing was changed about the new version except scenery. Though there may be some odd rolling stock placements on that activity since Kenny placed cars on rails as scenery objects.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowdog View Post
                          I've gotten 2 of the 3 included activities to work
                          Me also --- have not started on the "Hummingbird Southbound" --- although for a missing consist in Mixed Freight North I did find this nice set of pullman cars for southern routes in the library. pull_south.zip File ID 80594

The set needs some payware....the Southern Railway Passenger Set from BLW --- nice set that I already had.

What made it easier was the consist names for Mixed Freight North, at least the names gave me a general notion of what I was looking for.

Activites starting before sunrise...I changed times to a few hours later.
                          ( that was probably a realistic starting time --- but I wanted to see the route in daylight ).
                          Last edited by R. Steele; 02-19-2024, 06:01 PM.
                          Cheers, Gerry
                          "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
                          It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
                          Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
                          Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

All I get is the Route Crashing at startup on Humming bird. - have either swopped out with consists I have and used before, or made new ones with equipment I have. Hit the F6 key and crashes, Sometimes crashes at start up. So far 'Mixed Freight North' is working.
                            Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
                            It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

Originally posted by oper190 View Post
                              All I get is the Route Crashing at startup on Humming bird
                              Activities are working in both stable ver1.5 and ORmonogame ver145

Missing parts of player consist will cause a crash, although it could be most anything ---- anything in the log?
                              Last edited by R. Steele; 02-19-2024, 05:59 PM.
                              Cheers, Gerry
                              "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
                              It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
                              Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
                              Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Yah, my error, forgot that -
                                Originally posted by R. Steele View Post
                                The oft asked question: What does the log say?
                                Here's the log OpenRailsLog.txt
                                Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
                                It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

Working...
                                X