>> View Bundle <<

X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OR version 1.4 won't be fixed, I suggest you move to a later version.

Comment

Well ver1.5 sucks - I didn't buy a gammer to get 60fsp when I'm getting 300+ with ver1.4 and with 1.5 not seeing nothing improved for the loss.
      Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
      It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

Hey guys,

I apologize for the activities. I think I made these in MSTS route editor before I reworked the scenery in TSRE. Most of the consists have newer NAVS Hoppers and quite a few Train Simulations freight rolling stock in them. I remember having to use older "ace" file rolling stock to create the activities and then change out the consists once the activity was created for the updated route.

Let me say this, in my honest opinion, TSRE activity editor sucks. Very frustrating. In the old MSTS editor you could fire off traffic from the opposite end spacing them out every 20 to 30 minutes and then run the "check worms" to see how the timing looked and adjust accordingly. I miss this.

The TVA Coal (units off the pit) activity is really incomplete. Like it says, units off the pit and the train is in the yard. I think I had one maybe two traffic consists in it and that's when I started reworking and forgot about finishing it.

The Hummingbird South needs finishing as well. I think I had enough traffic in there to run from Corbin to the foot of the mountain (north side).

Mixed Freight North should be good to go.

Like I said, I apologize, I should have pulled these out before shipping. Never even thought about. BTW, my wife may be on to something, she tells me every other day or so that I'm plumm eat up with the dummass.

Kenny

Comment

I've tried to do "Explore" with different consist and if I start with the 'Humming Bird' path it crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by oper190 View Post
            I've tried to do "Explore" with different consist and if I start with the 'Humming Bird' path it crashes.
            I say again

OR version 1.4 won't be fixed, I suggest you move to a later version.

Comment

Originally posted by oper190 View Post
              Well ver1.5 sucks
              It is hard to counter a statement that declares the generality --- this or that sucks. First of all I am also running a "gamer" and get the same FPS* on all versions I'm running...stable ( 1.5 ) --- unstable --- and OR monogame. Best to update as Derek advises.

*fps - either pegged at 60 if I check the vertical sync box in Option/Video or 100s+ just running wild. 60fps with a good card will run all my North American routes in OR. Bernina runs also and all the European routes I've tried.

Originally posted by kennyeaton View Post
              TSRE activity editor sucks. Very frustrating

No sense at this late date in getting into a discussion about the old tools....vs new tools like the TSRE AE. A learning curve is what you are looking at ( and indeed what all of us are negotiating ) so best get to it.

Obviously a talented member like yourself can do it. Finding the time may be more of an issue.

...and lastly: oper190 --- I looked in your log and found some tiles not loading...this could be a show stopper...it will take someone with route building experience to determine why. Also there appears to be some issue with OR popup windows...again beyond my experience to deal with. In the past when I've encountered these types of log statements, I reviewed how I had installed the route and looked for errors in my procedures.
              Cheers, Gerry
              "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
              It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
              Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
              Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Originally posted by kennyeaton View Post
                Hey guys,

I apologize for the activities. I think I made these in MSTS route editor
                Apology is not accepted....it was a fun challenge to make the activities "workable" I enjoyed it. The consist names helped me figure out what was going on. The route work you did is superb!
                Cheers, Gerry
                "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
                It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
                Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
                Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Oper190,

Life sucks, but we just get on with it.

open rails is still being developed, I have been involved in over 50 bug fixes in my 10 years with open rails.
                  I actively use the very latest version and have crashes, which I report every time so open rails can be improved.

Like Gerry, I enjoy bug hunting.

Comment

Version 1.5 is the better option than Version 1.4
                    fps above 60+ is absolutely useless with ORTS. All it does is stutter and crash.
                    -Shawn K-
                    Derby Rail Shops
                    Maine Central Mountain Division: 20% Track, 10% Scenery.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Steele View Post
                      It is hard to counter a statement that declares the generality --- this or that sucks.
                      I get your point completely, but I didn't spend good money to get a gammer so I could really enjoy the game with better fps. Just wasn't happy with ver1.5. So if not being able to run a few Routes so be it, my inventory is large enough to give me plenty of gaming without them and I have been enjoying them with ver1.3 and 1.4. It is after all MY Train Sim World.

So far running the Route with the freight activity all is good, and enjoyable.

Comment

I still use Ver 1.3.1.4328
                        Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R. Steele View Post
                          ...and lastly: oper190 --- I looked in your log and found some tiles not loading...this could be a show stopper...it will take someone with route building experience to determine why. Also there appears to be some issue with OR popup windows...again beyond my experience to deal with. In the past when I've encountered these types of log statements, I reviewed how I had installed the route and looked for errors in my procedures.
                          Since there is no procedure given to follow with the Route, other than unzipping it, I don't know why anything should be missing, so that's a mystery to me. I have the needed track files installed and working with other Routes fine. This is far above what I'm knowledgeable to solve.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowdog View Post

I've gotten 2 of the 3 included activities to work. I haven't tried the 3rd one yet because there was more rolling stock to swap out, but I'm sure it should work, too. The activity for the old version should also work (File ID 87211) since nothing was changed about the new version except scenery. Though there may be some odd rolling stock placements on that activity since Kenny placed cars on rails as scenery objects.
                            Yup that act 87211 is working fine. Thanks for the heads up
                            Regards,

Nick

( boffin0_reprised on TikTok )

Cyberpower Desktop with AMD Ryzen 5 CPU. 16GB RAM. ATI AMD Radeon RX6700 12GB graphics. Windows 11 Home 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree....​

Comment

Originally posted by CSRX View Post
                              fps above 60+ is absolutely useless with ORTS. All it does is stutter and crash.
                              Shawn, maybe so ,but I haven't seen it.

I detest Big Daddy telling me what I can or cannot do. MircoSoft is prime with Windows 10 on not being able to installed software because "Windows" won't let you. Older versions of Windows would give you a warning that the software was not properly certified by MS but you could still install it at your own risk. Big Daddy in Washington wants you to believe they know what is best, yet they can't make and keep a balanced budget.

I don't mind the option to run at 60fps, but don't force it down my throat, let me choice how I want to run the game. I'd probably be using ver1.5 then now.

On the point of fps, I will tell that happened to me. I purchased my first Gammer for that Amaz... Company. (Buyer beware don't buy that sort of stuff from them - no name brands from who knows where). Well after a few months with fps say in a given Route in the 120s I save the activity I was running. Return to continue and all of a suddenly I'm getting fps in the 60s. Tried other Routes and in all experienced about half the fps I was getting. My assumption was that half my video RAM took a dump (I'm no IT pro to know for sure) About two months later video took another dump and OR won't even open after that. If I was running at only 60fps I would never have known I had a problem brewing, as it was the fps that alerted me that there was a problem.
                              Needless to say the computer went in the trash and I bought the one I now have from my go to computer supply store, the sixth system I've bought from them and the fourth factory reconditioned system I've owned, it works great and I very happy with it, and it's a well-known brand name with an excellent reputation.

Comment

I'm sorry, with a gammer computer, which I think you actually mean, gamer pc, anyways, I would hope you would know how to tweak your graphics card to use higher than 60fps in ORTS on v1.5
                                I was able to do this, via the NVIDIA control panel, by setting up the graphics specifically for open rails v1.5 and not just generic graphics across the board for all computer games. I set it so that I could render it at 120+ fps. However, since the many stutter issues, and the game just simply not working well at all with 120fps, I reverted it back to 60fps and have had nothing but smooth sailing. Funny thing about it, as I was testing several routes including Shasta and Mullan, as 120fps, it would actually remove a lot of distant scenery including the forest regions. Why is did this with 120+ fps and not 60, was odd to me, another reason I backed away from it.

I also, use the following setup for ORTS v1.5 that I am sure, most don't. Under the video tab..
                                Checked Box - Dynamic Shadows
                                Checked Box - Shadows for all shapes
                                Checked Box - Model instancing
                                Checked Box - Vertical Sync
                                3600 Viewing Distance(m)
                                Checked Box - Distant Mountains
                                75 Viewing Distance(km)
                                Checked Box - Extend object maximum viewing distance to horizon
                                40 Viewing Distance FOV
                                50 World object density
                                Ambient Daylight Brightness - 100%
                                Anti-Aliasing set to 16x MSAA

I don't understand what all this "big daddy" nonsense is for either. What exactly are you getting at here? No one cares what you do on your personal computer. Especially when it comes to running a 20+ year old game..

by the way, I run a Lenovo Legion gaming laptop, which used AMD Ryzen 5 4600H w/ Radeon Graphics 3.0GHZ, 32GB's of Memory RAM, which I upgraded from the installed 8GB, and the laptop works great with ORTS, Red Dead Redemption 2, Halo Infinite, Gears 5, Palwords, Forza Motorsports(2023), TrainSim World 4, City Skylines 2, and many others.
                                -Shawn K-
                                Derby Rail Shops
                                Maine Central Mountain Division: 20% Track, 10% Scenery.

Comment

Working...
                                X