First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CSRX View Post
    Checked Box - Dynamic Shadows
    Checked Box - Shadows for all shapes
    An addition to Shawn's post --- if you have fps problems, uncheck either or both of the above boxes, this will increase fps. I also have been running with them checked.

Taking into account the wide variety of hardware that OR users have....each person should experiment with the OR settings to determine what is best for their hardware setup.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
    Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Originally posted by R. Steele View Post
      An addition to Shawn's post --- if you have fps problems,
      Thanks Gerry - but not have fps problems and I am aware of those setting. All this came from the new Corbin-Knoxville crashing on me.

After running the North Freight activity to conclusion without any hick-ups I continued on north out of Corbin Yard and did not get to far when it crashed, which is past ( north ) of where the Humming Bird Activity starts.

When starting the Humming Bird Activity and I try the F6 function to displace Siding and Station name, the sim crashed. Odd as there are none in that area.

Just again restarted that Activity, and so long as I did not try the F6 function all was well. Got to the southern part of Corbin Yard and tried F6 and all is well.
      Obviously the problem lies in the north extreme of the Route.
      Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
      It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

Hey Guys,

This F6 problem. I do have the same issue. I rarely turn the labels on, so I didn't catch it.

I would be curious to know if anyone has Jerry's original route to check to see if the issue was in that one as well or if it came from the update using TSRE.

Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by kennyeaton View Post
          I would be curious to know if anyone has Jerry's original route to check to see if the issue was in that one as well
          Good point and I have it, so will give it a try. - Thanks good to know it just isn't me.

Okay ran to the extreme north end and back south through Corbin error free on the original Route.
          Last edited by oper190; 02-21-2024, 07:52 PM.
          Owner and CEO of Hart Rail Lines & Hart Commuter Railways, and Hart Rail Cars.
          It's my Train Sim world so I run HART RL anywhere I want.

Comment

The observations below were from the new version of the route.

F6 shows sidings in the north -- Corbin RBBX --- no crashing, simulation runs fine ... But with free camera movement ( 8 ) and trying to move around to check other sidings I get a crash with text similar to what oper190 experienced.

With sidings off ( F6 key not activated ) free camera 8 movement does not cause crash. If I try the same sequence at Wofford, there is no crash with the sidings sprite labels showing and using free camera 8

Something is buggy around Corbin yard.
            Cheers, Gerry
            It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
            Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
            Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

I can't replicate the crashes. I'm running MG 141.1

Comment

I don't believe I have had this issue with on ORTS v1.5

-Shawn K-
                Derby Rail Shops

Comment

Originally posted by niknak View Post

Yup that act 87211 is working fine. Thanks for the heads up
                  Just finished this act from the earlier version and found it very enjoyable. A static consist at the very beginning needed moving from spur 1 to spur 2. and a loose consist (32772) due to be picked up was missing so I picked up 4 nearby boxcars instead. The switch by the fuel terminal gave me a weird 'off track'; experience but the train reconnected eventually. This was run on the latest New Year version of OR.
                  Regards,

Nick

( boffin0_reprised on TikTok )

Cyberpower Desktop with AMD Ryzen 5 CPU. 16GB RAM. ATI AMD Radeon RX6700 12GB graphics. Windows 11 Home 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree....​

Comment

What is the rolling stock for the activities? I'd love to get hold of what is necessary, but there is nothing in the documentation about them.

Comment

I ass/u/me that you refer to the newest version. I don't supply activities so you will need to contact Kenny about that. Generally I just use a light engine to test with. Kenny super-detailed the route and I believe his version is now the newest after we worked out some issues with payware items and it is a great effort. Currently I am working on a new version that will include nearly all SR routes that existed when I worked for the SR (1965-1978) but otherwise no changes in L&N parts except to extend the lines to Maryville & Etowah so as to include the entire Knoxville Div.

Jerry Sullivan

Comment

Working...
                      X