Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• landnrailroader
    replied
    I ass/u/me that you refer to the newest version. I don't supply activities so you will need to contact Kenny about that. Generally I just use a light engine to test with. Kenny super-detailed the route and I believe his version is now the newest after we worked out some issues with payware items and it is a great effort. Currently I am working on a new version that will include nearly all SR routes that existed when I worked for the SR (1965-1978) but otherwise no changes in L&N parts except to extend the lines to Maryville & Etowah so as to include the entire Knoxville Div.

Jerry Sullivan

Leave a comment:

• shadowmane
    replied
    What is the rolling stock for the activities? I'd love to get hold of what is necessary, but there is nothing in the documentation about them.

Leave a comment:

• niknak
    replied
    Originally posted by niknak View Post

Yup that act 87211 is working fine. Thanks for the heads up
    Just finished this act from the earlier version and found it very enjoyable. A static consist at the very beginning needed moving from spur 1 to spur 2. and a loose consist (32772) due to be picked up was missing so I picked up 4 nearby boxcars instead. The switch by the fuel terminal gave me a weird 'off track'; experience but the train reconnected eventually. This was run on the latest New Year version of OR.

Leave a comment:

• CSRX
    replied
    I don't believe I have had this issue with on ORTS v1.5

Leave a comment:

• yellowdog
    replied
    I can't replicate the crashes. I'm running MG 141.1

Leave a comment:

• R. Steele
    replied
    The observations below were from the new version of the route.

F6 shows sidings in the north -- Corbin RBBX --- no crashing, simulation runs fine ... But with free camera movement ( 8 ) and trying to move around to check other sidings I get a crash with text similar to what oper190 experienced.

With sidings off ( F6 key not activated ) free camera 8 movement does not cause crash. If I try the same sequence at Wofford, there is no crash with the sidings sprite labels showing and using free camera 8

Something is buggy around Corbin yard.

Leave a comment:

• oper190
    replied
    Originally posted by kennyeaton View Post
    I would be curious to know if anyone has Jerry's original route to check to see if the issue was in that one as well
    Good point and I have it, so will give it a try. - Thanks good to know it just isn't me.

Okay ran to the extreme north end and back south through Corbin error free on the original Route.
    Last edited by oper190; 02-21-2024, 07:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kennyeaton
    replied
    Hey Guys,

This F6 problem. I do have the same issue. I rarely turn the labels on, so I didn't catch it.

I would be curious to know if anyone has Jerry's original route to check to see if the issue was in that one as well or if it came from the update using TSRE.

Kenny

Leave a comment:

• oper190
    replied
    Originally posted by R. Steele View Post
    An addition to Shawn's post --- if you have fps problems,
    Thanks Gerry - but not have fps problems and I am aware of those setting. All this came from the new Corbin-Knoxville crashing on me.

After running the North Freight activity to conclusion without any hick-ups I continued on north out of Corbin Yard and did not get to far when it crashed, which is past ( north ) of where the Humming Bird Activity starts.

When starting the Humming Bird Activity and I try the F6 function to displace Siding and Station name, the sim crashed. Odd as there are none in that area.

Just again restarted that Activity, and so long as I did not try the F6 function all was well. Got to the southern part of Corbin Yard and tried F6 and all is well.
    Obviously the problem lies in the north extreme of the Route.

Leave a comment:

• R. Steele
    replied
    Originally posted by CSRX View Post
    Checked Box - Dynamic Shadows
    Checked Box - Shadows for all shapes
    An addition to Shawn's post --- if you have fps problems, uncheck either or both of the above boxes, this will increase fps. I also have been running with them checked.

Taking into account the wide variety of hardware that OR users have....each person should experiment with the OR settings to determine what is best for their hardware setup.

Leave a comment:

• CSRX
    replied
    I'm sorry, with a gammer computer, which I think you actually mean, gamer pc, anyways, I would hope you would know how to tweak your graphics card to use higher than 60fps in ORTS on v1.5
    I was able to do this, via the NVIDIA control panel, by setting up the graphics specifically for open rails v1.5 and not just generic graphics across the board for all computer games. I set it so that I could render it at 120+ fps. However, since the many stutter issues, and the game just simply not working well at all with 120fps, I reverted it back to 60fps and have had nothing but smooth sailing. Funny thing about it, as I was testing several routes including Shasta and Mullan, as 120fps, it would actually remove a lot of distant scenery including the forest regions. Why is did this with 120+ fps and not 60, was odd to me, another reason I backed away from it.

I also, use the following setup for ORTS v1.5 that I am sure, most don't. Under the video tab..
    Checked Box - Dynamic Shadows
    Checked Box - Shadows for all shapes
    Checked Box - Model instancing
    Checked Box - Vertical Sync
    3600 Viewing Distance(m)
    Checked Box - Distant Mountains
    75 Viewing Distance(km)
    Checked Box - Extend object maximum viewing distance to horizon
    40 Viewing Distance FOV
    50 World object density
    Ambient Daylight Brightness - 100%
    Anti-Aliasing set to 16x MSAA

I don't understand what all this "big daddy" nonsense is for either. What exactly are you getting at here? No one cares what you do on your personal computer. Especially when it comes to running a 20+ year old game..

by the way, I run a Lenovo Legion gaming laptop, which used AMD Ryzen 5 4600H w/ Radeon Graphics 3.0GHZ, 32GB's of Memory RAM, which I upgraded from the installed 8GB, and the laptop works great with ORTS, Red Dead Redemption 2, Halo Infinite, Gears 5, Palwords, Forza Motorsports(2023), TrainSim World 4, City Skylines 2, and many others.

Leave a comment:

• oper190
    replied
    Originally posted by CSRX View Post
    fps above 60+ is absolutely useless with ORTS. All it does is stutter and crash.
    Shawn, maybe so ,but I haven't seen it.

I detest Big Daddy telling me what I can or cannot do. MircoSoft is prime with Windows 10 on not being able to installed software because "Windows" won't let you. Older versions of Windows would give you a warning that the software was not properly certified by MS but you could still install it at your own risk. Big Daddy in Washington wants you to believe they know what is best, yet they can't make and keep a balanced budget.

I don't mind the option to run at 60fps, but don't force it down my throat, let me choice how I want to run the game. I'd probably be using ver1.5 then now.

On the point of fps, I will tell that happened to me. I purchased my first Gammer for that Amaz... Company. (Buyer beware don't buy that sort of stuff from them - no name brands from who knows where). Well after a few months with fps say in a given Route in the 120s I save the activity I was running. Return to continue and all of a suddenly I'm getting fps in the 60s. Tried other Routes and in all experienced about half the fps I was getting. My assumption was that half my video RAM took a dump (I'm no IT pro to know for sure) About two months later video took another dump and OR won't even open after that. If I was running at only 60fps I would never have known I had a problem brewing, as it was the fps that alerted me that there was a problem.
    Needless to say the computer went in the trash and I bought the one I now have from my go to computer supply store, the sixth system I've bought from them and the fourth factory reconditioned system I've owned, it works great and I very happy with it, and it's a well-known brand name with an excellent reputation.

Leave a comment:

• niknak
    replied
    Originally posted by yellowdog View Post

I've gotten 2 of the 3 included activities to work. I haven't tried the 3rd one yet because there was more rolling stock to swap out, but I'm sure it should work, too. The activity for the old version should also work (File ID 87211) since nothing was changed about the new version except scenery. Though there may be some odd rolling stock placements on that activity since Kenny placed cars on rails as scenery objects.
    Yup that act 87211 is working fine. Thanks for the heads up

Leave a comment:

• oper190
    replied
    Originally posted by R. Steele View Post
    ...and lastly: oper190 --- I looked in your log and found some tiles not loading...this could be a show stopper...it will take someone with route building experience to determine why. Also there appears to be some issue with OR popup windows...again beyond my experience to deal with. In the past when I've encountered these types of log statements, I reviewed how I had installed the route and looked for errors in my procedures.
    Since there is no procedure given to follow with the Route, other than unzipping it, I don't know why anything should be missing, so that's a mystery to me. I have the needed track files installed and working with other Routes fine. This is far above what I'm knowledgeable to solve.

Leave a comment:

• Rick-MONON
    replied
    I still use Ver 1.3.1.4328

Leave a comment:

Working...
X