Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What US routes are underway

Colleagues,

I wonder if we might start a sticky in this group listing as time goes on, the routes that are in progress. Just a
    single line name/description should suffice. It would be helpful to do this so that we do not duplicate effort and
    so if there are more than one person interested in a route, some collaboration might be worked out. I'll toss
    mine in to get it started. For example, I was looking at doing the Narrow Gage gap between Chama, NM and
    Durango, CO but another creator, more experienced than I with Narrow Gage is doing it alrleady.

1. Denver & Rio Grande, Narrow Gage, Santa Fe Line (just researched/digitized/extracted)
    2. C&O Big Sandy Sub., Track in place, roads starting
    3. Milwaukee Rd., Coast Div., 2nd Sub., track in place, starting roads as of 1940 or so
    4. Milwaukee Rd., Great Falls Line, some track in place, waiting on Harlowton Yard revisions
    5. L&N, Eastern Ky. Sub., digitized, otherwise on hold
    6. L&N, Chattanooga Div., digitized, otherwise on hold
    7. L&N, Henderson Sub., mostly digitized
    8. Clinchfield, Blue Ridge Sub., to revise or reconstruct original route now in library
    9. Clinchfield, Kingsport Sub., to revise or reconstruct original route now in library
    10.Southern Rwy, Marion to Asheville, NC, digitized & extracted

11 but I'd like 17 instead.

Boston and Maine, Connecticut River Route Mainline, Brattleboro to White River Junction, VT

Paul :-)

Comment

12. I'm making a version of the Washington & Old Dominion in the diesel era, circa 1950.
      Last edited by eric; 10-04-2014, 10:29 AM.
      Steve Dunham
      Drexel Hill, PA
      www.stevedunham.50megs.com

Comment

13. UP Gila Sub (Sunset Route) from Tucson to Yuma, AZ [Dem & Terrtex, 30% track]

14. CNW Harvard Sub from Chicago to Madison, WI [Dem & Terrtex, 95% track]
        + CNW Geneva Sub from Chicago to Rochelle, IL [Dem + Terrtex, 15% track]
        + CNW Belvedere Branch from West Chicago to Rockford [Dem + Terrtex, 5% track]
        + CNW Milwaukee Sub from Proviso to Butler [Dem + Terrtex, 10% track]

15. Packerland
        CNW Lake Shore Division from Fond Du Lac, WI to Escanaba, MI via Green Bay [Dem & Terrtex & 70% track]
        + MILW Superior Sub from Green Bay, WI to Channing, MI [Dem & Terrtex, 95% track]
        + CNW Iron River Sub from Powers to Antoine, MI
        + CNW Ore Sub from Antoine, MI to Escanaba, MI
        16. Fort Worth Western (Trinity Railway Express + FWWR) from Dallas to Ballinger, TX [Dem & Terrtex only]
        Last edited by eric; 02-09-2015, 04:55 PM.
        If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

17. Cal-P: SP Oakland to Sacramento ca. 1950; OR only. Mainline complete, 90% sidetracks complete, 70% Scenery complete.
          18. Goose Island: MILW's Division St Yard in Chicago, ca. 1950. OR only. 4 miles of switching district. 75% tracks complete. 30% Scenery complete.
          Dave Nelson
          sigpic
          Seldom visiting, posting less often that that.

Comment

19. Atlanta and Saint Andrews Bay aka The Bay Line. Panama City to Dothan plus branches. Tracks 30% complete, scenery 1% complete.
            Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Comment

Item 20

I failed to put this one on initial list.

20. San Luis & Rio Grande, as it is now, including "tourist" NG line over Veta Pass.

Comment

21. UP Cima sub - Daggett, CA to Las Vegas, NV. Includes east yard at Barstow.
                Last edited by eric; 10-04-2014, 10:30 AM.
                Jeff

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool.

Comment

22. CP C&M/Fox Lake/Elgin subs + CTA lines and CN/WC(no DEM, 95% track)
                  23. CNW Kenosha sub which includes the CNW New Line and the North Shore Line(to be merged with CNW Harvard)
                  24. CNW Adams sub (to be merged with the CNW Kenosha and Harvard subs)
                  Last edited by eric; 10-04-2014, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Not my project but isn't Mullan pass being worked on too, also San Juan and Silverado?

Comment

27. Buffalo
                      26. Tristate
                      28. Siskiyou
                      Last edited by eric; 10-04-2014, 10:31 AM.

Comment

25. Meridian Speedway: KCS/NS Meridian, MS to Shreveport, LA; Mainline complete, 50% sidetracks comlete, 25% scenery complete (Meridian to Jackson portion found in file library)

Comment

26. Tristate Route features the DL&W mainline and branches from Hoboken, NJ to eventually Scranton, PA, the Erie Railroad mainline and branches from Port Jervis, NY to Jersey City, and connecting railroad lines during the mid/late 1920s to the early 1950s.

Comment

Hi,

An addenda to Tristate, beside the Erie and Lackawanna, it will have the NYS&W in it's entirety including the WB&E, the entire L&HR including track rights to Palmerton, Pa., and the L&NE in it's entirety.

If I have any neurons left and the TDB permits, the CNJ and LV from Wilkes-Barre to Jersey City, and some of the Staten Island RR, a subsidiary of the B&O.

Doug Relyea
                            Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.sigpic

Comment

29. Cripple Creek Railroads (Colorado Springs & Cripple Creek District, Midland Terminal, Florence & Cripple Creek), all in one.

Edit: Will be available Nov. 23, 2015
                              Last edited by dwkarch; 11-22-2015, 10:41 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Don Karch Cripple Creek Railroads Route (CS&CCD, MT, F&CC)
                              Rollins Pass/Moffat Tunnel Route V5 (Denver to Craig and Glenwood Springs)
                              D&RGW Glenwood Spgs-Grand Jct Route and Colorado Joint Line, Denver-Pueblo
                              C&S Narrow Gauge South Park Line/Colorado Midland SG/D&RG NG and SG

Comment

Working...
                              X