X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trainlover2923 View Post
    I am part of his club but I am not previed to everything and to be quit honest it's very irritating. I know he has released several things like the union pacific pack for 3dtrains Cheyenne route and he just released his updated version of his C30-7 C36-7 and SD50 but I guess you have to be on his high honor list to get those. Cause I know I am not. But sure would like to have those C30's for the cima sub
    All you have to do is e-mail Scott and ask him to make them available to you in your members portal.

Comment

If he lets you into the Members Portal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      and
      If you get a reply back at all or after a few months !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kknobl View Post
        All you have to do is e-mail Scott and ask him to make them available to you in your members portal.

As Rick has said, good luck trying to get a reply about joining the members site. People even have problems ordering the regular content now. Call people paranoid I don't care, but it would appear to be a elite core that gets the membership. Seems to be based on sales of particular items, not what one has overall bought that dictates if he'll let you be a member. Whatever the problem, Scott's value has fallen a few notches within the community.

The fact of the matter is for those who have no issues with DW GREAT!!! More power to you. But many past customers/new customers have had all sorts of problems since around mid 2015 give or take so almost 3 years now. Type in Diesels West in the search bar on TrainSim and you'll see the bad out weighs the few good comments about the site and in particular, the now piss poor customer service. So for those who say most of us have web browser problems, using wrong email to contact regarding a issue with a order, thus no reply, or other issues, I beg to differ. It would also appear he has accused many long standing customers of now being a pirate out to cheat him. A reply like that would chase many "good apples" away in a heartbeat.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I wonder if any of the membership issues among notable people who have a history of being involved in various route upgrades that have involved a bunch of outside payware assets are getting swept into the net of suspicion when screens of these routes surface in other people's hands, regardless of whether the recipient actually owns all the payware to make it legal. Like there is a general beef against mixing payware assets from other vendors.

I do find it very strange that many of these people who have displayed their involvement in various route upgrades appear to have affirmed that they are on the shut-out list.

Comment

Originally posted by trainlover2923 View Post
            I am part of his club but I am not privied to everything
            That is quite common.

I also know of other good customers who upon seeing new releases available to them, but who only have the financial cushion in the current month to buy a part of the new releases, come back the next month after their credit card revolved or they got their next paycheck, only to find the not-yet-purchased material is now missing from their new releases dossier.

I was so relieved to hear that TrainSimulations is now considering some earlier Uboat and Dash-7 models. Someone else needs to step into the market that the current provider generates unnecessary difficulty to navigate around in. I'm all for the invisible hand to do it's thing.

Comment

Yeah when I saw that train simulation was in the works of some u-boats and dash 7's that got me little excited. Now if they would consider doing some DD35's that would make my day. But with DW yeah he's got good models but if he doesn't release them to the train SIM community then whats the point of him getting my money if only a select few can get them
              Roburt

Comment

Originally posted by wcl
                His site is useless unless you have to *************************
                For the record, I have just reported this post to the moderators...

Comment

Originally posted by dreamcatcher1962 View Post
                  For the record, I have just reported this post to the moderators...
                  Well good for you. It's good to know the internet Police are on duty. I feel much safer now.

Comment

Originally posted by emd645e3c View Post
                    Well good for you. It's good to know the internet Police are on duty. I feel much safer now.
                    Amen!!!!! Now I can finally sleep

Comment

I sometimes wonder what keeps ANY of us going in the hobby anymore! As far as I'm concerned, there are NO decent vendors anymore and your sure not going to see much (if any) AMERICAN content on this website either.

Comment

Originally posted by trainman_47 View Post
                        I sometimes wonder what keeps ANY of us going in the hobby anymore! As far as I'm concerned, there are NO decent vendors anymore and your sure not going to see much (if any) AMERICAN content on this website either.
                        This is the only vendor we got, that is the best for OR http://www.trainsimulations.net/ DW was okay, but till he became a *&* with things, his stuff is at the bottom of my list....

Comment

How about https://www.tigertrains.com/Store/ ?

Comment

All the above,I have found Tiger Trains very good and 3D Trains,Marc has been very fair with me.I just wish they would continue making stuff for MSTS rather than for OR only.I also wish TT would produce UK wagons.

Comment

Originally posted by trainman_47 View Post
                              Sorry but frankly that's utter BS . As far as ts.com is concerned their is a massive library of US and other North American content. Lets be clear about Diesels West contribution to the hobby.
                              1) They never released a route.
                              2) In the history of US motive power they cover a fairly short "era" or time span.
                              3) They cover a limited number of manufacturers locomotives
                              4) Even before their current stance they offered some excellent "bonuses" BUT only after you'd purchased around $100 worth of packs and often then they all had to be for one road. (I'm reading from the site I CAN SEE ...so don't tell me that's not true "in the club")

I once posted the total cost of owning and taking advantage of the 3DTrainstuff SP West Colton Route together with all the DW stock packs for it. Do the sum yourself..... THAT attracted an outcry from all the DW fan boys. WHY? All I did was add up the prices .

I also queried the scale of the F unit they produced for their Rock Island set, which proved to be considerably oversized. Folk who owned the set compared it with the 3D Trains units (which are bang on scale) and showed my observation to be correct. Further queries on here as to whether that had been fixed drew a total silence

As far as "decent vendors" is concerned.... well that is purely YOUR opinion and one has to suspect based on your personal interest in Railways?

My personal area of interest is the Transition/dieselisation era. Anything up to about Dash2. In that respect their are only two "decent" payware publishers. 3D Trains and BLW/ZT ...both of whom provide excellent value for money. Further more BLW/ZT has produced some excellent stock packs at very reasonable prices for a number of excellent freeware routes available here and/or on Elvas Tower.

I would agree that some of the early "players" in the MSTS payware scene never stepped up their game to current modelling standards. However you "pays yer money and takes yer choice".

Frankly the "No new models","Why hasn't XYZ produced a Tier 4....", "Only Indian content" moaners need to look at what IS available and maybe widen their horizons and interest. Their's a whole WORLD of railways modeled out there and if you're going to throw a sulk every time something you want isn't there ....well I have to agree the hobby is dead ...for YOU
                              Geoff
                              Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
                              UK

Comment

Well said Geoff.

Comment

Working...
                                X