Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curt C
    replied
    There's quite a bit more than you haven't listed.

Leave a comment:

• johnnyboy99
    replied
    I wonder what were all the items exclusive to Diesels West Members Club?
    as far as I know there was:
    PC F7 A/B, PC C628, PC U33B, PC U30B, PC 53ft flatcar (rail load, empty), UP 86ft hycube boxcar 8 door, GTW 86ft hycube boxcar 8 door, GTW 86ft hycube boxcar 4 door, TGNX bethgon coalporter (coal loaded, empty), BN bethgon (coal loaded, empty), CNW C628, IC U33C, WAB PS 2893 cu ft covered hopper, MON PS 2893 cu ft covered hopper, MP 50ft PS DD boxcar, NS ES44DC, CR 52ft gondola (empty, ties), UP MOW 53ft gondola, CR ex. PC 52ft fish belly gondola, UP "we will deliver" enclosed 89ft autorack with ETTX 89ft "exposed bogies" flatcar base, SP U25B, UP black 52ft gondola, Louisiana-Pacific Evans 53ft boxcar, TTX 62ft bulkhead flatcar (empty, rail load, lumber load, etc.), SP smooth side 60ft woodchip gondola, NS horsehead 89ft enclosed autorack with ETTX 89ft exposed bogies flatcar, UP "operation lifesaver" AC6000CW, NP U25C, etc.

Leave a comment:

• MMSS
    replied
    Originally posted by lateagain View Post
    Much more depressing, but also smacks of "clubs" and "cliques"?

One point that is made in that thread is that there's a reason there's "International English" and so called "US English"

The differences obviously being deeper than spelling differences and apparently that includes understanding
    Exactly what I meant in my post on that forum thread.

People forget this forum (And other forums I belong too, just don't want to single out this community) is international, that peoples' grammar & definitions are/can be very different than theirs. We are a melting pot of sorts. What one might consider as a insult or sarcasm is actually humor. So often the gun is jumped on that. I understood what he meant because Goku's nationality & half of mine (on my dad's side) are very similar.

Whatever the outcome, as it stands now. I agree much more depressing.

Leave a comment:

• lateagain
    replied
    Originally posted by MMSS View Post
    I agree Neil.

And I think the community here has bigger fish to fry now after today's Shocking developments for OR than piss & moan over who is in & who is out of a certain club.........

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...83#post1939783
    Much more depressing, but also smacks of "clubs" and "cliques"?

One point that is made in that thread is that there's a reason there's "International English" and so called "US English"

The differences obviously being deeper than spelling differences and apparently that includes understanding

Leave a comment:

• MMSS
    replied
    I agree Neil.

And I think the community here has bigger fish to fry now after today's Shocking developments for OR than piss & moan over who is in & who is out of a certain club.........

Leave a comment:

• qballbandit
    replied
    Agree Geoff, but really - once is more than enough. And there have been a dozen threads on this subject, though I must admit, none this lengthy. But surely, this one gives "to beat a dead horse..." a whole new meaning.
    I'm with Larry, movin' on! Hockey season is ramping up, so TV is going to get entertaining again. And, back to the MSTS/OR "to-do" list.

Leave a comment:

• lateagain
    replied
    None so deaf as those who don't want to hear and none so blind as those who don't want to see.

Leave a comment:

• geekman
    replied
    Originally posted by qballbandit View Post
    I learned one thing from this thread. How a dog feels when he's chasing his tail.
    Great one, Neil!!! This is getting boring. Time to move on to something else, like who will end up being the Big Ten champs?

Leave a comment:

• qballbandit
    replied
    I learned one thing from this thread. How a dog feels when he's chasing his tail.

Leave a comment:

• R. Steele
    replied
    Yep, it's like watching a...Click image for larger version

Name:	Train-Wreck.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	2197978

Leave a comment:

• chilla
    replied
    I'm really surprised this thread is still going all you guys just keep saying the same things over and over again and with some throwing insults at Scott.I have just one question has it changed anything have any of you got an email saying hey guy my bad here is your link to the site my bad or something along those lines.If not its probably not going to happen and all this posting bashing Scott and how he wants to do things with his stuff is a waste of your time but hey you guys haven't stopped yet so why not keep wasting more of your time fighting a battle your not gonna win.

Leave a comment:

• conductorchris
    replied
    I think Dave's onto something with his comments on how personal our transactions really are.

We have a cultural expectation that business with treat customers equally and professionally and we bring that into our expectations of payware companies. By setting up shop as companies with fancy names and so on, us payware vendors prompt those expectations. But what is really happening is more like buying art, which is typically a more personal transaction.

It's not uncommon for musicians and artists to have fan clubs and insider groups that get exclusive content. And certainly artists deal with copyright issues and troubled fans as well.

Our society really hasn't figured out how to resolve this tension between business and artistic control. It's no surprise it raises difficulties among us.

It is true that generosity and kindness go a long way to resolving issues. But . . . this puts the burden on the producer. The fact is the havoc that a rouge customer can cause is not priced into the transaction. (Just as true with freeware, by the way. We have less content because troublesome people made it no longer fun for some significant content producers.)

Christopher

Leave a comment:

• Coonskin
    replied
    Gaetan of BLW is a class act. We worked together to produce the "A&O Sub" route that VSC offers. He was so accommodating and quick to address any issues with his products that cropped up during development. I have nothing but respect for Gaetan Belanger.

Leave a comment:

• wcl
    replied
    BLW is very good, him and I talk on facebook and is a very nice guy to deal with....Just wish other vendors were as nice as he was, instead of being a hemorrhoid to deal with

Leave a comment:

• ragtimer
    replied
    I have bought several items from BLW.I have ALWAYS had excellent service and a link is provided if I ever need to download it again if for some reason I lose the original if I lose it or it becomes corrupted.That is what I call service.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X