X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R. Steele View Post
    Open Rails only, they are intended to be used as include files...include files are used to modify MSTS default content, without changing the original MSTS file, to Open Rails physics. Please see Sec. 8.16 in the OR Manual.
    Ok cool. I will refer to the section you noted. Thank you for clarification.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trainmanaustin View Post
      Ok cool. I will refer to the section you noted. Thank you for clarification.

If you are already using OR and want a quick and easy intro to the use of include files, download one the OR conversion kits in the TS library.
      All you need is the MSTS route specified and the trainset that was supplied with the route.
      Cheers, Gerry
      "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." Frank Zappa
      It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
      Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
      Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

If you are already using OR and want a quick and easy intro to the use of include files, download one the OR conversion kits in the TS library.
        All you need is the MSTS route specified and the trainset that was supplied with the route.
        Well that was easy.

Comment

Well that was easy.

Which Conversion kit did you download?, if I may ask.
          Cheers, Gerry
          It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Comment

Which Conversion kit did you download?, if I may ask.
            Scenic and Willamette Pass.

Comment

Scenic and Willamette Pass.

Any problems - questions?
              Cheers, Gerry

Comment

Any problems - questions?
                Instructions are strait forward.

Comment

Instructions are strait forward.

Good, have fun, gotta leave...pm me with any questions that arise, happy to help.
                  Cheers, Gerry

Comment

Progress Report - files being checked for errors and consistency, docs being written.
                    Release should be within next couple of weeks.
                    Cheers, Gerry

Comment

Does anyone know if the traction motors were upgraded when the SD70ACe's went to Tier3 and Tier4?
                      Cheers, Gerry

Comment

Does anyone know if the traction motors were upgraded when the SD70ACe's went to Tier3 and Tier4?
                        I can not find anything that says they were.

Comment

Progress report: editing the docs one more time, last check of files, should be uploaded over the weekend or first of next week.
                          Cheers, Gerry

Comment

I'm kind of fuzzy on how all this works, so i'm just gonna assume that you just need to drop these new .eng files into any MSTS engine and then doe a little light editing with the file to get it to work?

Comment

Originally posted by stlsf4003 View Post
                              I'm kind of fuzzy on how all this works, so i'm just gonna assume that you just need to drop these new .eng files into any MSTS engine and then doe a little light editing with the file to get it to work?
                              These files should work in conjunction with the MSTS .eng files.

Comment

Originally posted by stlsf4003 View Post
                                These files are not intended to overwrite or be pasted into an MSTS eng file. They do not follow the format of an MSTS eng file, they are intended to augment or modify ( "or in conjunction" ) with the MSTS engine file through the use of the Common.inc folder and OR include files. By using these files with the Common.inc folder and the OpenRails in your trainset, you can change the MSTS eng file physics to basic OR native physics. Better traction, power, more exhaust adjustability, are only a few among many advantages. Learning how to use the "include" system hard coded into OR means you don't have to change or perform lots of editing on your MSTS eng or wag files.

Think of the Common.inc folder as just the same as the Common.cab or Common.snd folders, the same path string usage applies.
                                It resides in your trainset same as those two folders. The OpenRails folder is dropped into any Locomotive or Wagon trainset folder, same as you would find a cabview or sound folder.

The easiest thing to do would be to download one of the conversion kits I have uploaded to the library and install it into the appropriate route. (PM me for help, if the instructions fail to work for you ). Also reading Sec. 8.16 in the manual would help.

Hope this helps. Gerry
                                Cheers, Gerry

Comment

Working...
                                X