Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter on Rogers Pass 2020 Activity Pack Released

Hello again everybody,

This morning the file library has been added to with my Winter 2020 Activity Pack for MLT's Rogers Pass. The 8 activities include anything from long intermodals to manifests to unit trains, based on how schedules and operations go in the year 2020. Like always if anybody has questions, comments, quandaries, compliments, issues, or anything else regarding this set feel free to post here.

I hope you all enjoy!

EK

Hello,
    Thanks for the activity's. I'm looking forward to trying them .
    Tim

Comment

Thanks Everett, I am looking forward to running them !
      - Mark -

Comment

Wonderful Everett, thank you for your time and effort in putting them together. I'm always interested in activities based upon actual operations.
        Cheers, Gerry
        It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
        Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
        Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

This is wonderful news!

There's nothing that I love more than hauling heavy freight with modern diesels over the Rockies!

Thank you!
          Borislav
          sigpic

Comment

I sincerely appreciate all the kind words, everyone! I hope you all enjoy running these as I did making them.

EK

Comment

I got a question...are the DIT.wag ( dead engines ) that were provided, integral to the activities, can they be replaced with live engines in the act files. In the consists, if they are used as dead weight, can't the engine just be shut down in OR and achieve the same effect?

I'm replacing all the AI's with other comparable locomotives.
              Cheers, Gerry
              It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
              Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.
              Audi, Vide, Tace, Si Vis Vivere In Pace

Comment

Big thanks to you. EK

Comment

Originally posted by R. Steele View Post
                  I got a question...are the DIT.wag ( dead engines ) that were provided, integral to the activities, can they be replaced with live engines in the act files. In the consists, if they are used as dead weight, can't the engine just be shut down in OR and achieve the same effect?
                  Hey there, Gerry,

The DIT wag files aren't 100% needed. I used them on both player and AI consists. In all candor, I am still learning all the OR features and didn't know that engines could be shut down in the sim. That's why I used some DIT motors on empty unit trains.

In short, it shouldn't effect the activities. But I'm not sure if the AI will behave differently.

EK

Comment

Thank you for this. Really enjoing these. Love this kind of activites that follows real life events.

Have good one

Comment

Hi there

So what is a DIT engine and how would I modify an eng file to make one?

Bert

Comment

Originally posted by bertwise View Post
                        So what is a DIT engine and how would I modify an eng file to make one?
                        Hey there, Bert,

A DIT locomotive is dead in tow. Essentially dead weight of a shut down locomotive. RouteRiter has the ability to make an AI eng file or DIT wag file with relative ease.

EK

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll give RR a try.

It's funny. I bought Kicking Horse Pass back in 2004 so I've been using MSTS and now OR for 15+ years and never come across a DIT engine before. Just goes to show you can teach a new dog old tricks lol.

Bert

Comment

so i just put this in my msts folder in the appropriate sections and it wont interfere with my msts stuff? sorrry for my dumb queries here - is this activity only for ORTS? or is it playable also in MSTS?

Comment

Originally posted by Heruraha93 View Post
                              so i just put this in my msts folder in the appropriate sections and it wont interfere with my msts stuff? sorrry for my dumb queries here - is this activity only for ORTS? or is it playable also in MSTS?
                              Hello,

Correct, these activities will go into your MSTS folder. The activities themselves are for Open Rails only since:

1. Creation and testing were done on ORTS level platforms and not MSTS
                              2. Some activities have Open Rails only functions and may not operate properly in MSTS

These activities will not impact any other objects in your MSTS folder as they shouldn't overwrite existing files, unless somebody else out there has been naming con, srv, trf, etc. files starting with [EKRP].

EK

Comment

Working...
                              X